Are these legit Blu'rays on eBay?

Hades

Distinguished Member
I am probably being over cautious here, but wondered what you guys think.

The seller does have 100% feedback, but lists all his auctions as private, has multiple copies of all his titles. When they are sold out, a load more go up.

He lists that many, if you watch and wait.. a bargain can eventually be had.

Quite a few I am interested in but just unsure.

UNDERWORLD RISE OF THE LYCANS Blu Ray film SEALED

mikeyp

I think the feedback speaks for itself.

I've watched quite a few of this users listings recently but not won any as yet. Got no reason to think they're not kosher.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Yes the feedback does... its just the private listings and constant multiple copies going up of each title.

He/she may will be a business and have contacts in the trade.

Will take a stab at one and see what its like. Mind you not sure how I would tell if it was fake.

mikeyp

Yes the feedback does... its just the private listings and constant multiple copies going up of each title.

He/she may will be a business and have contacts in the trade.

Will take a stab at one and see what its like. Mind you not sure how I would tell if it was fake.

I've never had a fake blu-ray before but I've had a fake DVD and a fake DS game fairly recently and they were both pretty bleedin' obviously fake. :)

Let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:

Hades

Distinguished Member
Got stung a couple of times with DVD's..... the is being too careful and then there is me.

Will soon find out and will report back.

Keeping my fingers crossed as there are many titles I want. With the seller having so many its nearly odds on you can get one at a good price eventually.

pj

they look legit they probably just shoplift them :smashin: lol

Richard

Distinguished Member
The films don't seem particually cheap to me.

The one in the op's link is already 13 bat with 8 hours left.

Rocky101278

I won "The Day the Earth Stood Still" blu ray from him last night at £10.83, so I'll let you know if any probs. Goona put him on my saved sellers list though methnks! :)

Richard

Distinguished Member
I won "The Day the Earth Stood Still" blu ray from him last night at £10.83, so I'll let you know if any probs. Goona put him on my saved sellers list though methnks! :)

Now that's a good price. Free postage too.

Might have to keep my eye on these.

:smashin:

Hades

Distinguished Member
The films don't seem particually cheap to me.

The one in the op's link is already 13 bat with 8 hours left.
If you watch all the titles of a particular film, with so many copies constantly being listed by the seller, the odds are in your favour at grabbing a bargain. Its just down to how long you want to play the waiting game.

CJPowers81

This seller looks legit to me, looking at the X Men box sets in his/her listings is enough to convince me, also QoS with a slip case.

The stuff maybe off the back of a lorry but who cares?, not me...

nwgarratt

They look legit to me. Some of the pics aren't very good though and fades the cover. That Underworld has the proper factory seal on it that pulls off. Third party sealer don't tend to have that.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Well I have one incoming, if it looks OK in the flesh, I will be watching many more :smashin:

philbam

Novice Member
I've just checked the sellers name and I confirm that I have used them before (about 12 months ago), and bought several blu rays off them at the time. Everything came through quickly,sealed and in perfect condition,
Recommended seller!

Marc

Distinguished Member
i've put in a couple of bids but of course i don't stand a chance of getting them.. i find it nigh on impossible to win anything on ebay these days with all the snipers..

well i take it back, i got xmen trilogy for £23.17 :) got sniped by 16p on The Spirit though :(

Last edited:

Hades

Distinguished Member
I just got Frost/Nixon for £10.65, very pleased with that :)

travid

Distinguished Member
You all seem to be happy with this, this guy could earn a lot from this forum :cool:

Healthy cynicism there :smashin:

Even if you MAY be wrong:)

Last edited:

Hades

Distinguished Member
Mine arrived this morning, excellent service and @ a bargain price. Will be keeping an eye on his auctions now.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Just tested it (Defiance) and it loaded fine. Comes on as 1080/24 and with DTS-HD MA track.

Picture was full screen, so assume that's how it should be for this film.

VC1 and fluctuating between 15-33 Mbps

Only thing I found strange was it had a trailer for Traitor on it and at the end it said in cinemas March.

CJPowers81

Got Day the Earth Stood Still through 2 days after winning and still sealed as described. :)

I thought this came with a slipcase, yet the seller as it pictured without. Did yours come with one? It's no major thing but I would of thought all would be the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Campfire Audio launches new Satsuma and Honeydew earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Prime Day 2021: 21st-22nd June
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim debuts Solstice turntable in special edition package
  • By Andy Bassett