Quantcast

Are these Amps any good?

[email protected]@y

Standard Member
After a cock up with the Amp I ordered from Richersounds, which was an Aiwa AVNW30 for £120, they have now told me (5 days on) that the amp is out of stock but have offered me this instead for £120 (£60 off the normal price) for my trouble :- http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=206108

Is this a good amp and have I got a bargain?

bash

I say go for it, its prolly gonna sound better than the Aiwa. Just a shame its so ugly but you cant have everything. I would say £120 a good price for budget setup mate;)

T

Tejpal

should have asked for the Pioneer D-510 for £110. It kicks the **** out of any sherwood/aiwa amp... nevermind, RS wouldn't do that anyway.

[email protected]@y

Standard Member
They basically said that the only other amps they had in stock were the Sherwoods, which would normally be £180 but I could have one for £120

Has anybody got a Sherwood RD6108R?

T

Tejpal

Am I right in saying that you have accepted the Sherwood reciever ?

Genrally speaking, I would personally stay away from Sherwood. RS will always tell you that they havent got a "good" amp, just so they can sell one of "their" amps. Im sure they had what ever you wanted in stock. A higher cost doesnt make a better amp, especially in the £100-£180 price range.

[email protected]@y

Standard Member
I havent recieved it yet..if I dont like it, they'll get it back and I may ask to upgrade it to a Yamaha or Marantz. A couple of people on other forums reckon its a good amp though..it also has DPLII

alextgreen

Agreed, Sherwoods sound like budget amplifiers, they will *do* everything you ask of them, whereas a Yamaha or Marantz Will do it for you, offer you a biscuit then go and put the kettle on.

Still, if you like it, keep it. I just decided against the Aiwa and spent 80 quid more on a Marantz.

[email protected]@y

Standard Member
I ended up getting a Pioneer VSXD810s...it sounds fantastic :D