Are these 2 power cables the same?

TommyT

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3m power cable supplied with my LCD TV but needed a longer one (5m). So I went to the local shop who said that I could buy and extension, which I did. The only thing that worries me is making sure the two power cables are the same.

It is a kettle type cnnection (IEC ??) that plugs into the TV and has an ordinary plug on the other end.

The full details written on the cables are shown below:

Original supplied =
GFC-3R VDE KENA-KEUR <SEMKO><DEMKO><NEMKO><FIMKO><CEBEC618><oVE> +S+S+S NF-USE-1291-HO5VV-F 3G 0.75mm LONGWELL-P 2005

the (o section of <oVE> is actually a Scandanavian o..if that makes sense..with the 2 dots above it...but dont know if that makes a difference)

Extension =
HO5VV-F 3G1.0mm <VDE> N19626 CCC A03011G No.2003010105097406 2271EC 53(RVV) 300/500V 3x1.0mm HIGH PROJECT

Are they the same cable and therefore safe to use together?

Thanks in advance, :thumbsup:
Tommy

Tommy,

No problem there. The extension cable is slightly higher rated than the original which is as it should be.

Happy viewing!

Peridot said:
Tommy,

No problem there. The extension cable is slightly higher rated than the original which is as it should be.

Happy viewing!

Cheers Peridot...Just checked the plug ends also..they both say 10A 250V...so should have checked those first ..lol

thanks for the help

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom