Are there still no reasonably priced Pal Prog Players?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by churchwa, Mar 26, 2003.

1. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been waiting for ages no and there still does not seem to be any reasonably priced Pal Prog players out. I would have thought at least a few might be avalible now. There is the HK DVD25 but i have heard bad things about that, the Philips does not seem to be very reliable.

Tell me if i am being stupid or if i am missing some players that are out and i don't know about.

£200 - £300

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're probably better off waiting for the next released of Toshiba and Pioneer players, they'll almost certainly have something quality with PAL prog scan support at the £250/£300 (online anyway) price point before too long.

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Have you considered the Limit 9900SE?

Not totally sure if they're still available (not seen a thread on them for a while at least), but it's well within the price you've mentioned (£200). Was getting rave reviews from a few on here not so long ago :)

K.

4. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys, I think i might hold off for the Pio or Tosh. Any i dea when they might be coming out?

5. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tosh 520 replaced the 510 before anyone could blink, so I'm sure a PAL prog version of the 520 will be out within a few months.

6. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both the Limit DVD9900 and 9900SE are PAL progressive compatible, available for £149 and £199 respectively. Lecson's DVD1000 is PAL progressive compatible at £169.99. HK's DVD25 is available for less than £300. Nad's T562 is available for around £400. Philip's DVD963SA is available for around £300 and is PAL progressive compatible. Denon's DVD2800MKII is PAL progressive once the Multi Region firmware has been flashed, which is now available for around £499.

7. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Churchwa,
    what bad things have you heard about the dvd25? and where from?

Dimmy,
    Where have you seen the dvd25 for less than £300?

I was going to purchase one of these soon, but I guess it might be worth waiting a bit longer to see what new models crop up.

8. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Recommended Retail Price of the HK DVD25 has been reduced to £300, so it's around for less than that - check out this month's What Hi-Fi for more details.