1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there small format LCDs with Freeview?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by cjm, Aug 17, 2005.

1. cjm

cjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any one know if there are any 15" or 17" LCD TVs with built in Freeview. I can only find the Techview TSL-15T and that has a poor review. Surely some other manufacturers are making such equipment by now as it seems crazy to be buying new kit that is not ready for digital broadcasts.

Thanks in anticipation.

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
  3. azerpmi

azerpmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received my Tosh WLT46 last week, PQ is excellent on freeview, very pleased so far

4. cjm

cjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have any other manufacturers announced plans for integrated Freeview in small format screens? Any one have any details of who and when?

Also I can't find a single independent review of the Toshiba or Wharfedale screens. Wharfedale don't even list the product on their website and Argos seem to be the only retailer selling it which does not inspire total confidence.

5. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
  6. pablo99

pablo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    CJM

I needed a 17" LCD for my sun lounge. Freeview was only a bonus because Sky is wired through from the main lounge.

I found a few reviews/comments on this forum about the Toshiba. Some were negative, some were positive. I looked at the Toshiba and the JVC side by side in my local JL and found the Toshiba to be the better pict. The JVC Freeview tuner is very slow to change channels!!!

However my Toshiba packed in after less than 2 months. No pict, no on-screen grapics, nothing. Sound OK.

Took it back to JL and they had no more stock, and it was now a deleted model.

I now have a Panasonic TX17LX2. No Freeview but a cracking picture and much deeper sound than the Toshiba. Cheaper too. You could buy 2 Freeview boxes with the savings if you wanted.

And it matches my TH37PE30 which is my main telly.

pablo99