• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are there really GOOD,(sub £1k), 4k, 3d, 55inch TVs about or do they each have too many issues?

tussox

Novice Member
Looking for a TV for my new man cave, but have limited funds. I'd like to get a 55inch, 4k, 3D (i know its late in the day for 3D, but i'd like to give it a bash), TV. I have seen that there are cheaper makes, Hisense, Sieko, Techwood which are really well priced....but....
I can see that at the £850-£1000 mark there are some LG / Sony / Samsung, 55inch, 4k, 3d tvs.
Not too genned up on which are good or bad, i just want a decent picture & 3d for as low a price possible.

Suggestions?

T

clnthl

Established Member
For your price range the best options with everything you'd like would be the LG 55UF850V or Panasonic 55Cx700b. Both can be had for around £900. The Sony X8507c or 509c (depending on your colour preference) also have everything on your list for about £999 they also do have android tv though which as you may have read can be buggy. Have a look on pricerunner or idealo :)

Last edited:

ristac

Established Member
Funny enough I just made a post on another thread in regards to why we are all expected to accept spending in excess of £500 for a TV that is plagued with an issue, be it minute or more pressing. My CX680 was beautiful for 4 months, now it has a line from top to bottom and someone is coming out to look at it next week.

Prior to this I had a Samsung, it was plagued with light bleed, 3 repairs later and JL replaced it for the latest model and guess what, 6 months in it too suffered some ghosting in the corners but as I had been so sick of the last escapade I "put up" with it.

Since yesterday, I have spent what must be 3-4 hours on this forum going through pages of owner threads, LG, Panasonic, Samsung and Sony, it doesn't matter which one you read, there are owners with problems that seem to be 'common'.

Quite sick of the research now to be honest, it used to be fun now it seems an impossible task picking out a decent TV. This morning I have ventured on to the LG OLED owners threads and there seems to be an issue of sets made before or after November. Yes far less problems but at £2,000+ for a TV you would want 100% perfection.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom