Are there cheap wireless headphones with optical input? As probs with 3.5mm jack ones

RussboyG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently placed an ad on here & nearly bought from someone but thankfully bought new the same ones at Maplins:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/wireless-863mhz-rf-headphones-48980

I say thankfully as now it appears they need to go back.

The problem ive got is that my telly LG 42LH2000 is annoying me as when you plug the jack lead in it cuts the sound to the tv speakers. That might sound sensible but the reason I'm after some is that I'm off work till the new yr after a back op & could do with a set so I can watch telly in the bedroom without disturbing the wife & our 5 week old little boy. So basically I dont want to keep getting up to plug/unplug the cable.

The other down side is that whilst they have a volume control on them they are also controlled by the input of the telly, so you have to turn the telly right up which means if I did solve problem 1 above the next problem would be the tv would be on full volume in the bedroom rendering the headphones useless!

Only way round it so far is that the tv has an optical output & connected my turtle beach x4's up in this manor & didnt have to adjust the tv volume, plus I can mute the tv & still get sound through the headphones. But I dont really want them to be used in the bedroom as the bedroom set will sometimes get used so they would be wasted there.

I can look for an optical to RCA converter but thats not cheap or look for another set with optical input. Don't have to be anything too amazing as distance is only about 20 feet from the tv to my bed.

My original budget was around £30 but I suspect that'll now get blown out of the water :thumbsdow

Cheers

Russ

Annoyingly also just thought about setting one of the scart sockets as an output so i could convert from RCA to 3.5mm jack into the headphone base but again this crappy telly wont allow me to make one of the scarts an output!

The scart connections can be used to output audio and video from certain sources on the TV. There's a table in the manual which gives more details on this. Note that the two scart connections may have different capabilities.

Most, if not all TVs have this as a standard feature these days allowing you to record from the TV's analogue or digital tuner to a standalone recorder. Some analogue sources may work with this as well, such as the composite video + accompanying audio. Audio or video from digital inputs (i.e HDMI) isn't usually supported with this feature. Check the manual to be sure though.

The scart connections can be used to output audio and video from certain sources on the TV. There's a table in the manual which gives more details on this. Note that the two scart connections may have different capabilities.

Most, if not all TVs have this as a standard feature these days allowing you to record from the TV's analogue or digital tuner to a standalone recorder. Some analogue sources may work with this as well, such as the composite video + accompanying audio. Audio or video from digital inputs (i.e HDMI) isn't usually supported with this feature. Check the manual to be sure though.

Been through the menu on the tv & the manual online http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-42LH2000.jsp & I cant see anything to say either can be used as an output. I could try getting a scart adaptor with an input/output switch on it but if the tv itself is not delivering a signal to it this wont gain anything.

Not sure if this helps at all:

399898168.jpg

Seems to suggest sound could be acheived from the scart leads?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom