Are there any universal disc spinners available that are non-UHD with decent USB media support?

Captain Ron

My brother has a 5.1 / 1080p avr and projector setup and he is looking to replace his bluray player with a universal player. i.e plays cd/sacd/dvd/dvd-a/bluray/bluray 3D/USB media. He does not need or want UHD as he has no plan to move to UHD. What players (if any) are available that fill that criteria?

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
My brother has a 5.1 / 1080p avr and projector setup and he is looking to replace his bluray player with a universal player. i.e plays cd/sacd/dvd/dvd-a/bluray/bluray 3D/USB media. He does not need or want UHD as he has no plan to move to UHD. What players (if any) are available that fill that criteria?
All except DVD-Audio: Sony BDP-S6700
All including DVD Audio: Sony X800 or X800M2 (UHD players)

Last edited:
Cambridge Audio 752BD (HD).

Captain Ron

sunildhaka

Novice Member
The OPPO 103D (BDP-103D) has been one of the best.. I have yet too come across anyone saying anything negative about it. Sad part is they stopped making them. Infact both OPPO and Cambridge Audio (same design as OPPO) stopped the 203/205 products which were the 4K UHD updated products.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom