Are there any Samsung LE40A656 owners/ex owners here?

mark2011

Standard Member
Hi all, I currently have a 40" Samsung LE40A656 and a 32" Samsung. My 5yr old daughter needs a tv so im going to give her the 32" and treat myself to a new one.

The thing is, I paid £1000 for the 40" a couple of years ago and its been a brilliant tv and never had any problems with it.

I've been looking around at alot of tv's and all of them dont have any better a picture than my Samsung. After looking online i could get another 40" LE40A656 for just £370.

So could anyone who has owned this tv tell me what tv they got to replace it?

I keep asking myself the question, "Why pay between £600-£900 for a similar size tv when the picture isnt going to be any better? But cant answer it :(.

SteveT1138

Standard Member
I know what you mean about the picture quality as I have this set.
Mine has developed a fault (double image on R/H side of screen) which is too expensive to fix (new screen needed) and I am in the market for a set to replace this.
I am currently considering the Philips 40PFL8606 which looks like it could do the job, but it is a bit more expensive at about £1100 and would be interested in hearing about other possible sets to consider.

paul6316

Standard Member
I have a problem with the same TV and want to replace it as well, I have seen a LE40A656 for £340 delivered. I know it is discontinued but still think it's a great TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom