1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any racks that the Denon A1SE will fit in ??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by uncle eric, May 7, 2001.

Tags:
  1. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old home made rack doesent quite cut the mustard any more with the rest of my gear. Trouble is, that I'm finding it very hard to buy a rack of suitable proportions for this monster. Target did one but I think they went bust.
    Any suggestions ????
    Eric

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Try building one yourself

I had the same problem 18 months or so ago when I purchased my A1D. So along with me Dad we designed and built a special rack for all my equipment at the time.

Its designed just for my equipment and looks very proffesional because of this, the equipment just seems to slide in because of the way the front is moulded and the wood was then stained to match that of the rest of the furniture.

It was also only about £80 to make and is very sturdy and strong

3. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I have my A1SE on a optimum international stand. It uses very thick glass so is definately strong enough for it. You can buy the rods which go between the shelves in different sizes and finishes, which means you can get it to fit your equipment pretty well and it looks good. I purchased mine from a company called HQ audio/visual, which are no longer around. But most Sony centres have their brochures and can order them. It only leaves about 2cm of space between the amp and glass above, but its an open stand so you have plenty of space to the sides.

4. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just out of curiosity (in the process of buying a A1SE) what size is the foot print(ie distance between the feet)? :cool:

5. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Denon is supported on the bottom shelf of a SoundStyle rack. This accepts it lengthwise with a slight overhang at the rear. Height and width are fine. Do check their range if you decide to go with this option as they vary in size RE: this years/last year's model range.

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I would recommend a Quadraspire stand. You can get them in loads of different sizes, and styles. They will happily take a Naim Nait 500 power amp and power supply, (huge and about £10k) so should hold an A1SE easily.

try www.quadraspire.co.uk

Rick

7. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    PFM,
    The outside dimensions of the feet (measured as an assembly) are approximately 400mm wide x 370mm deep.
    Mark

8. kav

kav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SoundOrganisation provide adjustable racks. I have one at present and you can adjust the spacing between the shelves to any size you like.

9. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fairly easy one this.
    www.standsunique.com have a selection so large you'll be spoilt for choice ;)

I have their AV10 and it houses all my gear. Pics on my site below.

Regards Neil.