Are there any non death games

dshtt

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been looking for a new game and most of the upcoming releases seem to be shooty up non wife friendly war type, my PS3 came with Resistance and I have since bought Motorstorm which is very good, ( how heavy is that soundtrack.)

It would be nice to be able to play more light hearted games. Not really into tennis or golf. Who's played sonic on the PS3 is it any good.

We played Crash on our PS1, but the picture quality just looks awfull now compared to PS3 graphics

My other option is to dye my hair black pierce my eyebrow and listen to Slipknot.:D

Haven't tried Sonic - but get yourself lemmings, flow and super rub a dub from the playstation store.

All 3 of these are definately not super death/smash/kill/destroy games (and they don't all play emo music either!)

Shaz

Just been looking for a new game and most of the upcoming releases seem to be shooty up non wife friendly war type, my PS3 came with Resistance and I have since bought Motorstorm which is very good, ( how heavy is that soundtrack.)

It would be nice to be able to play more light hearted games. Not really into tennis or golf. Who's played sonic on the PS3 is it any good.

We played Crash on our PS1, but the picture quality just looks awfull now compared to PS3 graphics

My other option is to dye my hair black pierce my eyebrow and listen to Slipknot.:D

Well Motorstorm has opened my eyes to Primal Scream, Ive never listened to thier stuff but if those two tracks are anything to go by they have a new fan :smashin:

On the subject of games have you tried Rub a Dub on the PS network, Simple fun the misses and kids will love and a bargain at 3.49 :thumbsup:

You should have bought a wii!

Lemmings is not a super death game? :rotfl:
The clue is in the title really.

Well Motorstorm has opened my eyes to Primal Scream, Ive never listened to thier stuff but if those two tracks are anything to go by they have a new fan :smashin: :

Don't get me wrong I like a good % of the tracks on Motorstorm and I already had those Primal Scream Tracks, it just all gets a bit heavy after several hours of play:D

It would be good to have a few family / party friendly games.

My mate has the PS2 game where you run,bowl,box etc that's good fun with a few friends round. One of those games where you think No Way is that for me, then they can't get you off:D

The sound track in Motorstorm stinks, lacks variety and is one volume all the way through imo

NBA Street Homecourt is pretty lighthearted and enjoyable.

Don't get Sonic on the PS3, it's rubbish. :thumbsdow

The sound track in Motorstorm stinks

I find the music repulsive. Xbox 1 allowed playback of your own music. If Motorstorm can't allow this soon I'm selling it regardless of whether the game is good or not.

Super Rub-A-Dub is a must have PS3 title :)

super-rub-a-dub is a great little light hearted game :thumbsup:

the motorstorm soundtrack is awesome - it suits the game PERFECTLY and really sets the scene.

NHL2K7 is great if you like ice hockey :)

I find the music repulsive. Xbox 1 allowed playback of your own music. If Motorstorm can't allow this soon I'm selling it regardless of whether the game is good or not.

Yeah, I also hate the background songs on Motorstorm, I actually have them turned down to 0 so I can only hear the vehicle sounds and the rest..

My mate has the PS2 game where you run,bowl,box etc that's good fun with a few friends round. One of those games where you think No Way is that for me, then they can't get you off:D

Definitely looks like you should've got a Wii :D

Resistance: Death - You kill or be killed
Motorstorm: Death - you fall of mountains...
Super Rub A Dub: Death - you get eaten or your babies get eaten
Lemmings: Death - they die

Hmm, maybe Flow, Soduku, Virtua Tennis? Thats probably it.

Flow: Death - you succeed by eating your opponents

the motorstorm soundtrack is awesome - it suits the game PERFECTLY and really sets the scene.

I spose it suits the scene, but all the music kinda sounds the same to me, dont get me wrong I like Nirvana and Primal Scream, but after a while all the shouty shouty music seems to merge into one shouty shouty song. I wish you could set your own music on the PS3 instead, it just gets tiresome after a few hours of gameplay.

What? MotorStorm Sound Track Bad? i love smushing bikers to slipknot, bumping over rocks to wolfmother, blowing up to the sound of primal scream! if anything, the soundtrack makes the game! i would like to add custom soundtracks, a bit more Nirvana would be nice, and some more slipknot tracks would really finish it off!

:D

Matt

I spose it suits the scene, but all the music kinda sounds the same to me, dont get me wrong I like Nirvana and Primal Scream, but after a while all the shouty shouty music seems to merge into one shouty shouty song. I wish you could set your own music on the PS3 instead, it just gets tiresome after a few hours of gameplay.

My thoughts exactly on the Soundtrack, being able to add your own tracks would make the game better for playing over any length of time. The music is better if your playing rather than watching someone have a go.

Is there no option to race against each other other than over the net?

Not at the moment although it's possible they may add it as part of an update later.

My thoughts exactly on the Soundtrack, being able to add your own tracks would make the game better for playing over any length of time. The music is better if your playing rather than watching someone have a go.

A strange decision but I think they cut the multiplayer split screen because of technical issues. If the long loading times are anything to go by, they were obviously under pressure to finish it for the EU/AU launch, maybe an update will fix these issues at some point?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom