• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Question Are there any LED lamp source HD projectors?

Jram

Hi Guys

I read that LED lamp lasts longer than Metal Halide lamps.
Are there any LED lamp source HD projectors available in the market now?

Thanks
Jay

Shimrod

There's certainly a couple of LG Minibeam projectors that are lit by LED, but they are ultra-short throw projectors. Others I've seen tend to be at the very low end of the market (Chinese models at £50-100) and not very bright.

If you are concerned about cost, not all projectors have £300 replacement bulbs. The bulb for my Epson TW6700 costs £85 direct from Epson. I've had a projector for just over a year now - it gets used most nights and we are still comfortably below 1,000 hours. I suspect that by the time I need to get a new bulb I will be in the market for a new projector anyway.

Jram

There's certainly a couple of LG Minibeam projectors that are lit by LED, but they are ultra-short throw projectors. Others I've seen tend to be at the very low end of the market (Chinese models at £50-100) and not very bright.

If you are concerned about cost, not all projectors have £300 replacement bulbs. The bulb for my Epson TW6700 costs £85 direct from Epson. I've had a projector for just over a year now - it gets used most nights and we are still comfortably below 1,000 hours. I suspect that by the time I need to get a new bulb I will be in the market for a new projector anyway.
Great, thanks mate.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom