1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any DVD/HDD recorders that play CDs well?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevie-c, Jun 7, 2005.

1. stevie-c

stevie-c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am currently looking to replace my DVD player, VCR, and CD player with a DVD/HDD recorder (don't require the VCR function). My question is, are there any models that a renowned for playing CDs well?

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Some DVD recorders will play CDs, and you'll have to look in the specifications of the recorders you are interested in to find out. Some will even play mp3s on CDs (but not usually mp3s written to DVD).

However a dedicated CD player is going to give a superior playback, since the DAC will be of far better quality. It really depends on your listening standards.

3. stevie-c

stevie-c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I currently have a 15 year old entry level Technics cd player and I am satisfied with the quality. Will the current crop of DVD recorders offer comparable cd quality?

4. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Any DVD recorder will play CD's just as any DVD player will ! Sound quality will be just as good as any CD player plus just any DVD recorder/ player will play MP3 CD's also. It's dere gur these days, nothing special !