Are there any Bluetooth earbuds / headphones that don't have a faint low-level hiss?

andrewilley

Established Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few basic Bluetooth semi-in-ear earbuds (e.g. Tronsmart Onyx Ace, and Anker) but even without noise-cancelling features they have a faint low-level background hiss (white noise) when they are operating, even when there is no music coming from the source. Turn them off, or disconnect the BT, and there is a slight click and then complete silence. Same goes for my more expensive Parrot Zik enclosed cans, but as they are noise-cancelling I had originally assumed that the hiss was related to that functionality.

I often listen to my phone late-night at very low volume levels, and in a completely silent room with quiet music the hiss is quite annoying. Even my cheap-as-chips Samsung freebie stock wired headset is completely silent between tracks, as is a relatively cheap pair of LinkLike QUADs, and that's what I expect from any headphones, wired or wireless.

Should I just be resigned to occasionally pulling my phone off the bedside table when I roll over? :)

Andre

I use a pair of B & W PX5 (on ear) and they are completely silent when switched on and playing nothing

Thanks, nice to know that some do work as I had hoped anyway - but kinda bulky for listening in bed when lying with one side of your head on the pillow.... :)

Hence the reason I was looking at the 'semi in-ear' types (like Apple Air Pods) that don't stick fully into your ear canal, but have a low enough profile that doesn't protrude too much either. And for night-time falling asleep listening, the budget won't stretch to £150. Maybe that's just a compromise with cheaper headsets?

Andre

I've got some Mpow ones from Amazon that are fine. I can't remember what model they are though, T4 or something like that. They were about £35 if I remember rightly.

The trouble is you can't test things these days, and I hate buying and returning opened products when I could have determined the issue beforehand.

I can only see in-ear-canal earbuds or fully over-ear headphones from Mpow.

Andre

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom