Are there any Bluetooth earbuds / headphones that don't have a faint low-level hiss?

andrewilley

I've tried a few basic Bluetooth semi-in-ear earbuds (e.g. Tronsmart Onyx Ace, and Anker) but even without noise-cancelling features they have a faint low-level background hiss (white noise) when they are operating, even when there is no music coming from the source. Turn them off, or disconnect the BT, and there is a slight click and then complete silence. Same goes for my more expensive Parrot Zik enclosed cans, but as they are noise-cancelling I had originally assumed that the hiss was related to that functionality.

I often listen to my phone late-night at very low volume levels, and in a completely silent room with quiet music the hiss is quite annoying. Even my cheap-as-chips Samsung freebie stock wired headset is completely silent between tracks, as is a relatively cheap pair of LinkLike QUADs, and that's what I expect from any headphones, wired or wireless.

Should I just be resigned to occasionally pulling my phone off the bedside table when I roll over? :)

Andre

Bryn1

I use a pair of B & W PX5 (on ear) and they are completely silent when switched on and playing nothing

andrewilley

Thanks, nice to know that some do work as I had hoped anyway - but kinda bulky for listening in bed when lying with one side of your head on the pillow.... :)

Hence the reason I was looking at the 'semi in-ear' types (like Apple Air Pods) that don't stick fully into your ear canal, but have a low enough profile that doesn't protrude too much either. And for night-time falling asleep listening, the budget won't stretch to £150. Maybe that's just a compromise with cheaper headsets?

Andre

Miss Mandy

I've got some Mpow ones from Amazon that are fine. I can't remember what model they are though, T4 or something like that. They were about £35 if I remember rightly.

andrewilley

The trouble is you can't test things these days, and I hate buying and returning opened products when I could have determined the issue beforehand.

I can only see in-ear-canal earbuds or fully over-ear headphones from Mpow.

Andre

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom