Are there any better versions of "Fantasia" in the offing?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by NicolasB, Aug 1, 2003.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +920
    Thinking about buying myself Disney's "Fantasia" on DVD, as I am a classical nut, and also rather fond of classic Disney animation. (Always loved that film). The 3-disc box set of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 looks interesting - lots of fun extras.

But I was dissapointed to find that they have absolutely butchered the region 2 and 4 versions. Lack of a DTS track, lack of all sorts of extras.... :(

My current TV is not totally comfortable with NTSC. It supports NTSC, but the picture always looks a little bit grainy, and the loss of resolution compared to PAL is quite visible. So, other things being equal, I prefer to go for the PAL version of DVDs. But in this case the R1 NTSC version just seems to be so far ahead of R2 and R4 in content terms that either would be an unsatisfactory compromise.

So: is there, by any happy chance, likely to be a more complete PAL version available in the not too distant future?

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the region one 3 disc set and its really a great collectors item it comes in its own box and looks superb. i saw the region 2 version in the shops and it really does look like disney have not made an effort for the UK market.