Are there any 1080P DLP available in the UK ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Pinko, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Pinko

Pinko
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Sorry if it's a nob question, I know that 1080P chips have been developed for front projectors, any rear projector for sale in the UK using them ?

2. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,104
    Sony have A couple of sets very soon 55" £2500(sept) and 70"£5000(oct) but they are not DLP its a new technology in the uk SXRD:smashin:

3. mission

mission

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  4. anacz1

anacz1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    2500 quid for the 55'' SXRD :eek: no, i'll get mine from Cheap Electricals

5. Pinko

Pinko
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Thanks for the replys guys, those SXRD sets look sweet, if it was a toss between a 1080P DLP or a 1080P SXRD, which would you guys be going for ?

6. anacz1

anacz1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    the SXRD, because it's a better tv than the 1080p Samsungs, but we're not getting any 1080p DLP's over here this year anyway; so there really is no contest.

in my opinion the D-ILA/SXRD is a better technology anyway, the JVC 56'' D-ILA that i've seen quite a lot of recently; is the best RPTV we've got, head on it looks much more like a plasma, but of course side on; yes it still looks like a DLP.

the JVC has a sharp picture, great contrast, bright and colourful, no motion blur and no rainbows, the SXRD is even better.

but the problem is which to go for, because the JVC is awesome on 1080i; but the SXRD maybe too expensive, but would you miss the SXRD if you had the JVC at home instead/set up even better ?
    NO.....because the JVC i saw today had a cheap DVD player supplied by JVC; nowhere near as good as the Denon 1920 :eek:

whichever tv you buy, you are in for quite a shock if you already own KDF50 :cool: no insults intended, but the JVC is superior by quite a long way; there were 5 of us looking at both tv's and we all said the same thing....``the JVC looked sharp and fresh, but the KDF50 looked old and worn out``.

this is basically the same as what they said to me at the Sony Centre too, ``no forget that tv, wait for the SXRD it's miles better``.....i said ``how much better`` and the 3 salesman just laughed and said, ``we saw the SXRD at a conference a few weeks ago and it's the best tv we've ever seen`` :eek: