Are there acoustically transparent retractable ceiling mount screens designed for UST projectors?

Captain Ron

As per the title. I am putting together my current home cinema setup and I have prepared it in such a way that I could potentially have a UST projector added later where the screen rolls down to cover the TV and speakers. I am not planning to do this just yet but I am curious what's available screens wise. A brief hunt and it seems that acoustically transaparent static screens are available for UST projectors but no retracting ones I have been able to find.

1Bigwave170

Novice Member
As per the title. I am putting together my current home cinema setup and I have prepared it in such a way that I could potentially have a UST projector added later where the screen rolls down to cover the TV and speakers. I am not planning to do this just yet but I am curious what's available screens wise. A brief hunt and it seems that acoustically transaparent static screens are available for UST projectors but no retracting ones I have been able to find.
CR, Check out Vividstorm, they have what u r looking for at great prices. mine lifts from the level of the av cabinet up, but there is a transparent model the works from the ceiling down. Both are light rejecting. Good luck.

Captain Ron

CR, Check out Vividstorm, they have what u r looking for at great prices. mine lifts from the level of the av cabinet up, but there is a transparent model the works from the ceiling down. Both are light rejecting. Good luck.
Had a look and they have given me plenty of food for thought. The smallest one they do for a 75 inch 16:9 would just about fit in my current TV alcove covering my 55" TV and speakers when deployed. Still watching UST projector developments with interest. They are not quite at the point where I would commit but they are heading that way.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom