• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are the Supplied RF cables with DVD Recorders any good?

neojapsz

Standard Member
Got a new Panasonic DMR-EX75 which comes supplied with 3 RF cables and in the manual it states use these ones only as they prevent interference.

I was going to get shielded and higher quality RF leads as im replacing all my old scart cables, just wondering if I should just use the supplied ones that came from Panasonic.

knotpc

Established Member
neojapsz,
The coax cable most people use for Analogue TV is usually single shielded. Digital signals through a coax need to be double shielded as they are more prone to interference.
I'm assuming the leads provided with your Panasonic will be double insulated and should be fine as they will only be short lengths.
Try checking out the "Cables & Interconnects" forum and do a search.

Regards
knotpc

Gavtech

Administrator
neojapsz said:
I was going to get shielded and higher quality RF leads as im replacing all my old scart cables, just wondering if I should just use the supplied ones that came from Panasonic.

You can't do any harm ... except needlessly to your wallet.

Thousands use those supplied leads without problems. Don't fall for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom