1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are the resident evil games on gamecube worth buying?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by 7 of 9, May 17, 2003.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm thinking of buying a gamecube, and the games i am thinking about buying with it are resident evil, resident evil 0 and star wars rougue sqwadron.

what do you think are they choices and are they any good

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    All three are very good games and if you don't buy them, you should certainly at least rent them

There are better games IMO but I don't know what you like playing - Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Monkey Ball are all must-have games IMHO

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    I have deleted the other thread you opened (accidentally deleting ygtyi's <sp?> post :blush:).

Personally, I love the resi evil games and the GC version of the original is extremely good and worth playing even if you played the original on PS1. I haven't played Zero, but hopefully will pick it up at some point.

The controls can be a bit cumbersome in the games and the GC version hasn't changed that.

4. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    I've got all three and, yes, I think they ARE good choices. Played through Resident Evil (only played a bit of the original PS1 version) and found it superb. Currently playing through Resident Evil 0 at the moment and I'm loving it. The only problem I've got with Rogue Squadron is the steep difficulty curve. Goes from moderately difficult to bloody solid very quickly.

Oh, and definetly buy Mario Sunshine and Zelda.

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't personally buy two resi games at once, I'd want a completely different game as well to keep up the variety.
    I've played all of the Resi Evil titles and the remake of the original is superb and can be had very cheap, I'm working my way through Resi Evil Zero at the mo and its good but not as good, you have to use two characters to co-operate to get things done and the initial train section was nothing to write home about, both games look gorgeous though. Might be worth getting Rouge Squadron (again very cheap), one resi evil title and a bright cartoony game like Pikmin, Zelda or Mario Sunshine for those lighter moments.
    Eternal Darkness is a superb horror game as well.