are the old LG plasma's any good, 2years old unit

Taz69

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I may have chance of a LG MU42Z13 i think the model was, its about 2 years old, I wasnt looking at paying more than say £500/600 for it, for the bedroom for xbox dvd and digi sender, are they that awful they are not worth it at all ??

I see from the Z14 spec, that they seem to be 650:1 contrast, can they really be that low, lol

cheers for any advice

Taz69

There is some concensus the latest LG's are meant to good...this must be a comparitive to their earlier models I guess ? God they must have been complete pants....

Mind you that 650:1 can't be that low ? If I was you I would ask LG to re-measure it and you might get it confirmed at 3000:1 or even 5000:1 dependent on the time of day, if the moon has crossed the path of Jupiter and the Monkey God of Siam :clown:

Save your money and put it towards something better.....

Yeah cheers Ekko, thought that would be the case, will leave it for a while see what else comes up for sale.

Taz

I was gonna suggest a PJ for your bedroom if your wanted to use it for those purposes, rather than this LG but I see you got a AE100 :)

yeah, thats what I was just thinking, maybe buy myself a nice HS50 or AE700 for the lounge instead of a plasma and use the AE100 in the bedroom,

Taz

Mmmmm HS50, nice :thumbsup:

yeah, I am hoping to see one in the flesh at the Bristol Show.

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom