1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are the multi-platform games better on X-Box

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by azzo, Aug 30, 2004.

1. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Got a PS2 and GC (Never use the GC) and am thinking of getting an X-Box now just because I have read the Mulit-platform games are better. I will be playing the new Time Splitters/THUG2/Burnout3 to name a few.
    I understand that you get true 5.1, which is nice, but I am more interested in the image quality from my panasonic projector (resolution of panel is 848x480)

Does anybody have both consoles and still chose PS2 titles over X-Box for some reason.
    Azzo

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive got all the consoles, and like you i dont use my gamecube.
    but out of the games youve mentioned, i prefer thug on the ps2, purely because of the controller. its what ive grown up with through the years with tony hawk games, although the sound and graphics are better on the xbox, i still think the game just feels better with the dual shock. but usually the deciding factor is that on the xbox games have got 5.1, which does sound great.

3. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It depends.

Many people prefer the PS2 controller.

But like hr47y says the graphics and sound wipe the floor with anything else on xbox.

Xbox also has xbox live, which is far superior to the ps2 attempt at online gaming.

gamecube versions tend to be the worst, as IMO the graphics aren't as good as xbox, but better than ps2, and it doesn't play online like either of the other consoles.

But then again, NGC has the best exclusives.

4. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Xbox versions have better sound quality and (usually!) better texture quality and framerates. If online play is important to you then Xbox version should win every time

GC has image quality that is usually as good as the Xbox version, if not better in some cases (Prince of Persia, for example) and, IMO, has the best controller. RGB output is also far, far better than the Xbox's image output. The sound can sometimes be quite bad though because it's been compressed to fit onto the disc. If lazy developers would split games onto two discs, this wouldn't be a problem!

PS2 versions are usually the best of both platforms, and better than neither. Although because the PS2 is the lead platform, games are usually designed around the PS2's capabilities, leading to problems when converting to other consoles (good example: huge slowdown on GC/Xbox versions of Tony Hawk's 4)

Best thing to do, IMO, is decide each purchase on an objective basis instead of just saying "I'll buy the Xbox version every time" for example

5. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    OK, mind made up, am buying a moded x-box (I just love MAME) and I will decide on a game by game basis.
    Believe it or not I use the Joytech wireless controller which is just as good as the original dual shock. It also has a rubber back which feels nice.
    Thanks for all your advice. I am sure I will appreciate the 5.1 as well - oh and there is a small matter of Halo2...
    Knd Rgds
    Azzo