Are the filthy rich for no deal?

What that Aaron Banks is bankrolling this? That large media organisations are helping disseminate the Brexit agenda? Which one of those two points is a theory, never mind a conspiracy. Aaron Banks is not (any longer because of the weight of evidence) denying bankrolling Brexit.
Large media organisations also disseminate the remain agenda. FT, Guardian, Independent, BBC etc. There's two options, both are supported.

Aaron is suing Cadwalldr for libel, she's going to sue him back I believe.
You can see what's in the papers and on the BBC (Question time is interesting because it always "seems" to have a mojority Brexit audience even if the panel is remain.)
The audience is all bribed?

The European Commission funds Transparency International, Jo Swinson’s husband is Director of Policy for them. Odd that.

FORMER Liberal Democrat MP, Duncan Hames is the husband of current Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson.

Hames is currently working as a Director of Policy at Transparency International UK.

Don't be silly brexit is a rich man's game
I
A left wing page on FB recently posted that one particular hedge fund manager had bet £299M short, on a no deal Brexit.

If no deal goes through, it'll be an absolute fire sale, and workers contracts will be torn up and rewritten, favouring the employer.
as an expat the blurb I read was the working class had tipped the scale?
Immigrants?

Quoting from the article in UK's EU rebate - explained
In perspective
Other member states must pay more to the budget to make up for the UK’s rebate, with France and Italy facing the highest burden. According to the OBR, between 2009 and 2015 the UK’s average saving due to the rebate was £3.9 billion each year resulting in an average net annual contribution of £8.5 billion.

At the moment, the UK is the third largest net contributor, after Germany and France, to the EU budget. But in per-capita terms the UK is only the eighth biggest contributor.
------

Think about it! While Britain is getting a rebate, the French are suffering. So when we leave, we will be relieving the French of their burden. :) <---

...and you call yourself British..---> :) <---

Why does dividing it by the number of contributors matter?
If me and 9 other people pay a total of £5000 to the EU
Why does
if me and 99 other people pay a total of £5000 to the EU

So as individuals we contribute a 10th per person. Who cares? The EU is still receiving that amount from the UK!

This seemingly more up to date info puts us 5th. But again, position doesn't matter. We pay into the EU, end of.

The initial quote for this came from Boris's sister but to be honest if you think about it, the same thing happened with the Brexit vote. Farage's friends made an absolute killing.
Did you even read the article on the BBC about this?
Hammond his sister made these nonsense claims, that were quickly rubbished.

Think about it. People will "short" on a currency on a 30 year low is going to go shorter?

The quote from a hedge fund manager:
"
Another hedge fund boss who wished to remain anonymous said the idea that a small group of financiers was pulling the strings to achieve a no deal was ridiculous. Not least, he said, because it would be "bonkers" to bet that a currency that was already at a 30-year low against the rest of the world would go that much lower.

"Most hedge funds are waiting for the moment to buy,"
"

Definitely a rich man's game
This is the problem with people whose minds and outlook fit with the left side of politics.
Its "them".

There is us, this "collective" / real people bla bla
Against the "authority" the police, the royal family, politicians, bankers/finance people

All plotting a scheming / conspiring against me. Only about lining their own pockets.

I've had family members who were involved in politics.
They were shouted at whilst shopping, sent death threats in email. Stalked.
Yet the small minded unwashed masses believe everyone in public service is in it for nefarious pocket lining purposes.

I have no idea why anyone would do it (enter politics), given what the ungrateful unwashed masses think of them.

Psst. Clue, they aren't all out to get you. The sky won't fall down if Brexit happens ;)

Bill Gates isn't losing sleep over Brexit. Doesn't need it to make any money.
Bankers aren't "all the rich" Many other rich people won't be caring about your war against Brexit.

Sigh. Silly.

Even the BBC has changed since the government stuffed it with suits. They used to be right of centre, then they veered left of centre, now they seem to have just done a full right turn.
You need a lie down if you think the BBC gets anywhere near being a right leaning organisation. The BBC should just change their logo to a hammer and sickle and call their work colleagues comrade. If they were any more left wing they'd drop off the face of the flat earth.

Duncan Hames, writes for the Guardian (Jo Swinsons husband)
His "company" Transparency International" got 3.5 million quid a couple of years ago.
Allegedly by Lib Dem Leaders’ husband in massive EU cash payout storm

No wonder she doesn't want us to leave the EU, Hubby brings home a packet ;)

You can be cynical of people on the right, or the left of politics. But that just suits whatever political leanings we have. We as humans tune in to the messages that support our arguments / point of view / innate sense of how the world looks.

Some are just more wrong than others ;)

This is the problem with people whose minds and outlook fit with the left side of politics.
Its "them".

There is us, this "collective" / real people bla bla
Against the "authority" the police, the royal family, politicians, bankers/finance people

All plotting a scheming / conspiring against me. Only about lining their own pockets.

I've had family members who were involved in politics.
They were shouted at whilst shopping, sent death threats in email. Stalked.
Yet the small minded unwashed masses believe everyone in public service is in it for nefarious pocket lining purposes.

I have no idea why anyone would do it (enter politics), given what the ungrateful unwashed masses think of them.

Psst. Clue, they aren't all out to get you. The sky won't fall down if Brexit happens ;)

Bill Gates isn't losing sleep over Brexit. Doesn't need it to make any money.
Bankers aren't "all the rich" Many other rich people won't be caring about your war against Brexit.

Sigh. Silly.

I agree with the sentiment, but much of the premise of leaving the EU is from people who have been told to believe that the EU is a nefarious organisation that wants to take over the world, so it’s not a single sided view.

As for “the people”, our own PM is using that line to build his election campaign on a “People vs The Elite” rhetoric, which is hilarious as the “unwashed masses” are being conditioned to believe that Johnson and his group isn’t the “Elite”.

Quoting from the article in UK's EU rebate - explained
In perspective
Other member states must pay more to the budget to make up for the UK’s rebate, with France and Italy facing the highest burden. According to the OBR, between 2009 and 2015 the UK’s average saving due to the rebate was £3.9 billion each year resulting in an average net annual contribution of £8.5 billion.

At the moment, the UK is the third largest net contributor, after Germany and France, to the EU budget. But in per-capita terms the UK is only the eighth biggest contributor.
------

Think about it! While Britain is getting a rebate, the French are suffering. So when we leave, we will be relieving the French of their burden. :) <---

...and you call yourself British..---> :) <---
WOW Just wow. You may want to rethink that conclusion you are drawing. Please tell me you were joking...

As for “the people”, our own PM is using that line to build his election campaign on a “People vs The Elite” rhetoric, which is hilarious as the “unwashed masses” are being conditioned to believe that Johnson and his group isn’t the “Elite”.

Brexit is the political Trojan horse that will allow the Tories to push through elite benefiting tax changes without a wimper from their regular voters because they're off their tits on the Brexit catnip and the Tories are their dealer.

WOW Just wow. You may want to rethink that conclusion you are drawing. Please tell me you were joking...
You mean you need another confirmation after I've post hoc added smileys to the original comment because others didn't realise it was a joke? Also your quoted post from me that says "it was a joke". You want another confirmation after all of that? Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brexit is the political Trojan horse that will allow the Tories to push through elite benefiting tax changes without a wimper from their regular voters because they're off their tits on the Brexit catnip and the Tories are their dealer.
What tax changes are you referring to that we couldn't do today?

Other than VAT of course, because the EU do stop us from doing what we want with that.

What tax changes are you referring to that we couldn't do today?

Other than VAT of course, because the EU do stop us from doing what we want with that.

It's not that they can't do them now, it's that traditionally, the people they would harm, voted Labour, but now they'll vote Tory, against the own personal interests because a single issue has pushed all sensible thought and reason out of their heads.

Last edited:
It's not that they can't do them now, it's that traditionally, the people they would harm, voted Labour, but now they'll vote Tory, against the own personal interests because a single issues has pushed all sensible thought and reason out of their heads.
Brexit can work. Of course it can! But it only works if the voters are informed. No matter the denials there was one reason why "many" (not all) people voted Brexit. That single issue was a massive driver and as I said before, many of them don't have the problem they were worried about. Where I live I genuinely believe has issues, but still voted Remain. Just weird!

It's not that they can't do them now, it's that traditionally, the people they would harm, voted Labour, but now they'll vote Tory, against the own personal interests because a single issue has pushed all sensible thought and reason out of their heads.
Hang on.

I thought it was a Trojan horse for tax changes?

So now you are saying it isn't?

Are you a puppy? You seem to rollover very easily when challenged.

Hang on.

I thought it was a Trojan horse for tax changes?

So now you are saying it isn't?

Are you a puppy? You seem to rollover very easily when challenged.

Not being “able” to do and not doing because it will harm your votes are two different things that you seem to be conflating in your rush to belittle another poster.

With the majority of the Conservatives voters ready to forgive Johnson anything, so long as he delivers their Brexit, are you naive enough to believe that it’s not a perfect time to introduce tax benefits for his more prominent supporters?

A good article with some interesting links to support this gist of its argument against 'the myths of Brexit disaster capitalism'.

Are you saying that all Labour voters are stupid?

You mean you need another confirmation after I've post hoc added smileys to the original comment because others didn't realise it was a joke? Also your quoted post from me that says "it was a joke". You want another confirmation after all of that? Am I missing something?
Well you still made the ridiculous untrue statements. The joke seems an afterthought to not have to admit that you were very very wrong.

Well you still made the ridiculous untrue statements. The joke seems an afterthought to not have to admit that you were very very wrong.
The fact that they were ridiculous I assumed "incorrectly" made it obvious. I mean think about it ".. and you call yourself British". How is that not a joke?

If you think that's an afterthought then that is on you mate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom