Are Technomatics' modded players a good idea?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by KraGorn, Sep 5, 2003.

1. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I recently came across Technomatics and their modded players, since I'm looking for a replacement for my SD-210E this interests me, in particular a Sony DVP-NS905VS which has User Prohibitions removed among other things.

What I'm not sure though is whether these modded players suffer in the process in any way. Does anyone have comments one way or the other?

Cheers

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Oh dear, just saw the thread above ... looks like the answer is stay clear of Technotmatics and their mods. :blush:

3. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    I see your refering to my SONY930 thread, i've used Techtronics since 1999 and recommended them to lots of people, so you could say i've put a fair bit of business their way.

I've never had a problem until NOW, but what i've discovered is their after sales service in no way stands up to there pre-sales :mad:

I feel that as a valued customer who has received a faulty item i should be entitled to a bit more respect than to receivce a stupid pre-written email telling me "There will be a £23.50 carriage charge", after i told them i wasn't happy about paying this charge already on the phone and by email 2 days before. If they had phone back personally and said they've tried all their options(even if they hadn't!!!), i would have probably just accepted this and paid up, i feel another phone call coming on!!. It will probably not get me anywhere but this is one disavantage with internet ordering you lose the face to face power of displaying your displeasure in a shop. They have lost both my custom(new amp soon) and my brothers(all-in-one cinema system), and maybe more by me displaying MY opinion of them.

Like i said this is just MY opinion, and i hadn't had a problem before this and they are a very cheap company, just be sure to check your product closely before your 7 day free return time is up.

God!!! I feel so much better now, sorry for the ranting, not normally in my nature:rolleyes:

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Indeed, your experience was interesting ... sorry to hear your problems, I too would feel aggrieved if I had been a customer for some time.

I also read an article on a site off a link round here somewhere .. sadly I didn't bookmark it .. explaining regional coding etc. which said in words of one syllable "avoid this company [Technomatics]" when discussing multi-region players.

5. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Techtronics have been getting their after sales non-service shot down in flames for a good few years now, and you'd have thought they'd have got the message and done something about it. They haven't. It's still the same crap service it ever was. Which inevitably means the only conclusion that can be drawn is that they don't give a toss about what happens once they have your money. Watchdog could devote a whole programme to these arseholes.

6. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only ever dealt with Techtronics once. NEVER again. This forum and the DVD Forums contain many stories about how dire their customer service is. I think the overall opinion is that if you want to buy something and receive it, fine. If anything ever goes wrong with your purchase (or in my case decide to cancel the order) don't expect a pleasant experience.

7. Kam the Man

Kam the Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh, I'm so tempted to cancel my order now.

think I might.

should have researched a bit more!