1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are subtitles embeded into a VOB file?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Cameron, May 17, 2004.

1. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, I was wondering how I go about watching a movie with subtitles that I have decrypted with dvddecrypt?

I can choose a seperate audio track on powerdvd but there seems to be no way of selecting a subtitle once I have merged all of a movies VOB files into 1.

Is there another file that I also have to merge into the VOB file?

thanks

CaM

2. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use DVD Shrink.
    You can select what parts (extras/subtitles etc) you want to keep and then just back up the whole thing to your hard disc.
    Normally the program tries to compress the information so it will fit on a normal 4.7GB DVD-R disc but you can select "No compression" and back the disc up that way keeping everything you want.
    And no,the subtitles are not embedded within the VOB file itself,if you use the DVD Shrink program you can "see" the subtitles and choose which ones you want to keep so you can get rid of all the ones that aren't English,mind you they only take 2-5MBish of disc space for each language.

3. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, thanks for that - it looks like i now have several movies on my hd I need to redo :)

CaM