Are Sky Broadband slowing me down at peak times?

Forzafan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi

i have been with sky for the whole package for around 6 years now and have had unlimited bb for most of that time. just recently ive noticed a lot of ocassions (especially late evening) where my speed just plummets but does not disconnect. i usually get 11mb ish but doing some speed tests last night it went from that at around 7.30pm to 0.5/1mb about 9pm which matches up with the previous night. i was trying to stream something and quality was abysmal.

i rang sky and she seemed to think that going in to my property line speed was 17 so shes sending out a new router (i already have the new posh one i bought myself a few months back). can it be the router when its not always poor speeds?

worth mentioning that i recently changed from bt line rental to sky and its only since then ive noticed this fault. they messed up the switchover (surprise surprise) and i was without a phoneline for 2 weeks. could they have messed the bb up too?

any help would be appreciated as i do not want to leave sky but cannot live with this as the football is unwatchable!

thanks it does say my exchange is affected and will be fixed by late april (!) but it does not say what the fault is so it could be seperate issues. plus the girl on the phone never mentioned about the service status she was quick to send out a new router (these things cost £80 odd)

thanks it does say my exchange is affected and will be fixed by late april (!) ......

There you go then, at least Sky recognise the issue and are going to resolve it....

(Never believe anything anyone tells you on the phone! Always write to complain via My Sky.)

hi

i have been with sky for the whole package for around 6 years now and have had unlimited bb for most of that time. just recently ive noticed a lot of ocassions (especially late evening) where my speed just plummets but does not disconnect. i usually get 11mb ish but doing some speed tests last night it went from that at around 7.30pm to 0.5/1mb about 9pm which matches up with the previous night. i was trying to stream something and quality was abysmal.

i rang sky and she seemed to think that going in to my property line speed was 17 so shes sending out a new router (i already have the new posh one i bought myself a few months back). can it be the router when its not always poor speeds?

worth mentioning that i recently changed from bt line rental to sky and its only since then ive noticed this fault. they messed up the switchover (surprise surprise) and i was without a phoneline for 2 weeks. could they have messed the bb up too?

any help would be appreciated as i do not want to leave sky but cannot live with this as the football is unwatchable!

I have had the exact same problem streaming Netflix.

Only I have BT line rental and have been with sky for 5+ yrs.

And Check Service says my exchange is not affected :rolleyes:

thanks it does say my exchange is affected and will be fixed by late april (!) but it does not say what the fault is so it could be seperate issues. plus the girl on the phone never mentioned about the service status she was quick to send out a new router (these things cost £80 odd)

Have you tried logging in to your router home page to see what speed is downstream ?

Type into the address bar :

The default username and password is admin and sky.

I don't think sky slow you down but they do have problems with congestion in some areas. The reason I had to leave was that every night from about 6-7 until about 11 my latency skyrocketed and I was totally unable to play online games at all during this period

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom