Quantcast

Are Rolec EV chargers any good

M777KES

Novice Member
Having a nightmare getting my brand-new Rolec Wallpod EV HomeSmart charger to work.
Two weeks in. Still waiting for a replacement part.
Has anyone else had this problem:

Rizvan

Hope it gets fixed soon, I have the same unit which has been working faultlessly, however I have stopped using the SmartEV smart functions as they didn't play too well with my Tesla scheduling.

M777KES

Novice Member
Hi Rizvan, thanks for your reassurance about the Rolec brand. I’m hoping the part is with the installer and he can fit it soon.
Two weeks with the granny charger out the window is not good especially during Storm Ciara and with Storm Dennis on the way!

Attachments

booyaka

Hope it gets fixed soon, I have the same unit which has been working faultlessly, however I have stopped using the SmartEV smart functions as they didn't play too well with my Tesla scheduling.
same here - Rolec been fine - never used smart charging once. Plug in when needed.

booyaka

Having a nightmare getting my brand-new Rolec Wallpod EV HomeSmart charger to work.
Two weeks in. Still waiting for a replacement part.
Has anyone else had this problem:

has the unit been initialised by the installers?

They need to register it with the serial number before it will charger I believe.....
What replacement part are they saying they need?

M777KES

Novice Member
Yes, it’s been initialised.
I don’t think the app would have recognised it otherwise.
ev.energy can ‘see it’ online on their systems and confirm good signal strength they can also see that it has been plugged in but no charging.

The part I’m waiting to have fitted is the 32A Controller.

IronGiant

Sounds like it. Watching this with interest as we are planning on getting one installed.

psikey

Distinguished Member
We have a simple Rolec at work that has no fancy monitoring stuff, Just press but and away in goes.

I had Zappi installed at home and that's been flawless for me (again, no app link but does have its own LCD/monitoring etc.)