1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are PS2 Light Guns Regional? + PS1 Region Locked?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Jonny Doh, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Jonny Doh

Jonny Doh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if any of you know whether PS2 light-guns are region specific? I have a US PS2 running in the UK via phono leads + voltage converter. I'm thinking of getting a light gun this christmas, but I don't know if I can get any old gun or if it has to be a US one. Any recommendations?

Also, I thought I could maybe get some bargin PS1 games, since I know the PS2 can play them. However, does the PS2's PS1 support include region locking as well, or can I buy cheap UK PS1 games and play them on my unmodded US PS2?

Thanks in advance for all responses!

2. Jonny Doh

Jonny Doh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any of you guys help with this?
    I'll need to order soon if it's to arrive before christmas.

Thanks

3. Jonny Doh

Jonny Doh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *tumbleweed rolls past*
    Anybody?! :/

4. Nivelo

Nivelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure that they are. They rely on the refresh to determine where on the screen the gun is pointing (this is why there is a flash on screen when firing). There have been problems with people running 100hz tv's.

I have a US XBox and I ended up importing a US gun for House Of The Dead.

I would like to say that I am not 100% sure on this though as I can't remember the specifics, but something I read at the time made me go the expensive route and import.

Hope this helps,

Andy