• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Are Play1s R1 US or Canadian versions?

Matthew Attoe

Novice Member
Hi,

As topic really... want to order unrated Land of the Dead and don't fancy one with French writing on, and as I speak Play are a quid cheaper than Movietyme (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm tight!!!).

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Canadian every time in my experience.

Aretak

No. Different distributors do it in different ways, but you'll find that on most of them you have French and English on one side.

Lion

it's strange but every region 1 disc I've had from playusa has come from belgium. :confused:

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Lion -= their returns address is in Belgium. Discs are sourced in Canada.

Many Canadian covers are bilingual on both sides - one side is primarily English with French secondary (smaller lettering), and the other side Vice Versa. Some are 50/50 on one side only. I don't think there are any Canadian covers that are 100% English on one side or at all - I believe it's illegal in Canada.

KoThreads

That's why I now use Movietyme for R1 as every R1 I bought from Play was Canadian, and my Monsters Inc 2 disc R1 was different to the USA R1 years ago.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Yeah, don't let the name, PLAYUSA, fool you!! They ship Canadian versions of R1 discs.

gatty-jr-jr

Novice Member
Matthew Attoe said:
Hi,

As topic really... want to order unrated Land of the Dead and don't fancy one with French writing on, and as I speak Play are a quid cheaper than Movietyme (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm tight!!!).

Thanks in advance,

Matthew
Ordered my land of the dead from www.axelmusic.com, recieved yesterday. Totally english case, and has a very smart shiny slip case with the hand and fence sort of 3d. stopped ordering from playusa, as all dvd's came with canadian french, only WB dont.