Are Play.com OK??

A

andy76

I want to order the 007 box set from them.

Any opinions on Play?

Thanks
Andrew

I orderd teh 007 box from them as my first order. It seems tehy had a problem with my halifax switch, but neglected to tell me. I had to ring them up to find out why it hadn't been shipped. Apart from that, fine, have ordered 2 other titles since. Only thing is their delivery is a day or two longer than you'd expect from Jersey...

I've never had a problem with them but if you do a search on this forum you'll see that they have gone done in a lot of peoples opinions mainly due to delivery times etc.

I presume the James Bond set would be sent by registered post so no problems there!!

I've used them for over 2 years now with hardly ever any problems..just had the odd disc or so go missing..but they were replaced no problem..and I'm sure it wasnt Play's fault but my theivin' postie..

Purchased around 70 or so discs from them and they are the cheapest supplier around 95% of the time.

Delivery is normally around 3 days from date of despatch.

Easy to get hold of if there is a problem.

I would recommend them to anyone.

I have been using Play for 3+ years now and I have never had a problem with them. Quick delivery times, cheap and never had a missing disk yet :)

They're the only site I use ... had one, maybe two, DVDs undelivered, for which I blame the Royal Mail. They do make you wait 28 days before they'll replace an undelivered DVD, but then replace with absolutely no fuss. And that's the closest to a gripe I've with them.

Their site looks good, is easy to navigate, they sell everything, prices are good, it's easy to check the status of your orders, & they show lots of info about each DVD.

I know of two people who have had the 007 boxset from Play and both have been dented.
In all fairness it's not Play's fault so much as the Post Office.
Other than that I have used them for 3 years and other than a few delays (probably Post Offfice again) I have had no problems at all.

Oh yeah, forgot that the tin had a dented corner and little dents where each case had whacked the base. Not a big problem for me tho. The box it was in was the size of the tin, no additional packing at all.

It was sent recorded and arrived by van rather than the normal postie on his bike (wimp!)

smallman28

please do not blame the post office, as it is not the post office that deliver the mail

***BUT ROYAL MAIL***

I've been ordering from play for well over 4 years now never had asingle problem. Though recently I ordered from Future Entertainment who are £1 cheaper on almost everything and also have a bargain section on R1 titles which Play don't. I just bought Behind Enemy Lines for £10.99

Tal.

Originally posted by andy76
I want to order the 007 box set from them.

Any opinions on Play?

Thanks
Andrew

Apart from ones received as gifts, just about every other DVD I've purchased for the last two years or so has been from Play. Good prices, good service. Everything I've ordered has arrived without incident. May be true that some companies are delivering faster in recent times, but I'm usualy quite happy with the 2-3 days that it usually takes from Play (depending on when I place the order).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom