Are Pixmania usually slow with dispaching products?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Isobutane, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Isobutane

Isobutane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I ordered a new TV on Wednesday, and the verification and processing stage seemed to go smoothly, and by Thursday evening, the status had changed to something to the effect of "Your order has been packed and is awaiting dispach".

It is now Tuesday, and still it is awaiting dispach. Surely, if they really had it, wouldn't they dispach it already? Since then, I've read a number of reviews on the company, and I get the feeling that often Pixmania will lie and convey to you they have the product in stock, when in reality they're waiting for one to come in.

Is Pixmania usually slow with dispach? Either way is bad really, even if they do have one in, just letting it sit there without dispaching it shows a lack of regard for the customer, considering delivery was about £15 - not cheap in this day and age of e-commerce.

2. Jenn

Jenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,257
    In my experience they are not the quickest but when they do have it in stock it tends to arrive fast. I never ordered a TV mind...

The one less satisfactory exprience I had with them was for a DVD/VCR combi unit that was shown as in stock, I ordered and all was well until I chased the delivery and that's when they told me there was no stock. I therefore asked to cancel the order and they then told me I couldn't because the unit had just been shipped :rolleyes: All this in like a day.
    I got it in the end but not without frustration.

As for £15 delivery, you might think it's not cheap but I can tell you that's what it costs for a courier.
    People seem to think retailers are ripping them off but unfortunately that's how much it costs.

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,902
    Given that almost no part of the logistics chain is actually Pixmania, it will be as variable as the manufacturer you have chosen.

4. KhalJimbo

KhalJimbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +789
    I waited for ever for my old ass LG tv 2 years ago.

I first ordered a samsung, order went through money taken everything and they said I can expect my TV (the samsung) and DVD player and surround sound all in one (my old set up) at the sametime, well I went to pick it up at the DHL office and no TV was there.

Apparently it was out of stock and they were expecting new stock in 12 - 14 weeks :mad: thanks for the warning :smashin:

Needles to say it took 4 weeks to get my money back (quoted 10 days for a refund) and I ordered the LG instead.

The other stuff I have ordered such a camera and DVD etc all went through smoothly and arrived on time only had the issue with the TV.

They are also based in France so it does usually take a while for them to disatch stuff as that is where everything is dispatched from

5. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,902
    Not strictly true. The company operates out of France but it holds almost no stock of their own. They essentially order the product when you do and prefer it to ship directly from the manufacturer to you. This is why they struggle to flag up out of stock situations and why the delivery times vary greatly- not least because it isn't always France that the products ship from.

I confess I am not a fan. It uses logistics designed for bulk shipping for individual customers and I don't think that is especially efficient.

6. Zeromajor

Zeromajor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Yes they're based abroad so items take a little more time than usual - I ordered a home cinema system earlier this year and it came in 5 days. It was the cheapest place on the net for it so it wasn't too much of a problem.

7. KhalJimbo

KhalJimbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +789
    Hmm, OK everything I have ordered from them when checking the tracking number all of my orders have originated from France. TV, Camera, DVD, Amp and Speaker system.

8. FZR400RRSP

FZR400RRSP
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,374
    We order loads of stuff from Pixmania.
    We sell loads of AV stuff to offshore supply vessels and often use Pixmania.
    No problems here, they're definitely a 'preferred supplier'.

They seem to be part of the Dixons/PC world Group.
    Or, put it this way, the last TV we ordered from Pixmania was delivered by Dixons, on Dixons paperwork.

9. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,902
    Most of the time it is- however as we see here;

As I said, they have no facilities of their own- items will ship either from the manufacturer or a holding facility of the manufacturers choice- in this instance the UK, sometimes Germany and one or two other countries.

Its only ever a problem if something goes wrong and the manufacturer didn't read the small print about the fact the Pixmania's role in getting it sorted is essentially nil. If the manufacturer isn't set up to do direct support, the results can be deeply fustrating.

10. KhalJimbo

KhalJimbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +789
    They are part of the DSG group, sameway as Homebase and Argos are one and the same.

Order something from homebase andn it gets delivered with argos paperwork in an argos truck with people wearing argos clothes.

However Pixmania do have facilities of there own as they have a shop in London, putney I think is where it is.

11. Isobutane

Isobutane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It seems about half an hour after posting this, I did finally get a DHL tracking number. However, every time I click it, it leads to the DHL tracking website and all I get it "Invalid waybill number" everytime.

I'm probably just being impatient, but I've never had the problem where a company give me a tracking number, and then it isn't recognised by the shipping company.

There are so many infuriating things about this company, it's all very cloak and dagger.

12. Isobutane

Isobutane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I finally managed to get the tracking number to work, and the only report there is is "Shipment Data Received LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE". I'm guessing that means it hasn't been picked up and DHL have only received the data, not the item?

Another confusing thing is, the TV is, as far as I'm aware, a French model, so presumably its being shipped from France. In this case, it seems weird that the Lincoln Service Centre would receive the data - does the destination country receive the data, and not the orgin?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009