1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are phillips plasma's the worst out there?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by chriswynn, Jan 18, 2004.

1. chriswynn

chriswynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do not know of any good reviews on any model of phillips plasma's wether pixel plus models or not, I do know people who have sent theirs back for refunds because of picture quality.I shortly will be one of them.
    its a shame because the monitor is beautiful to look at, but that is where it ends. when you turn it on you just hope no friends pop round, see it and say" how much did you pay" and you know what is going through mind (its crap really).
    do any of you out there like any of these models. 42pf9945/42pf9945 and the 42pf9965?
    the bad pq i am talking about is the banding/solarisation(lines in faces and arms when moving/panning)

2. hotrod

hotrod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the 42pf9955 and although it isn't without its problems (mainly the moving picture as i have stated before has only what i can describe as lines across certain parts of the image, the low contrast and the amount of colours which i believe may be the cause of the "solarisation" effect) none of which were seen when viewing swep2 in the shop. I am not overly happy with this display. I find that i am constantly fiddling with the picture settings to get the best picture which for dvd i believe i have. One of the most annoying things i find is the digital natural motion and dnr it sometimes doesn;t matter whether they are on or off or minimum or maximum if you get rid of the "lines" on the picture the next time you watch the same thing these two settings nearly always have to be reversed (i.e turned on if turned off previously and put to minimum if set on maximum) even though it was fine the last time you watched it. :confused: seems wierd to me. Freeview seems to be a complete joke on it but i will not put that down to the display. Dvd quality can vary - cgi films/newish sci fi films are absolutely brilliant to watch (when settings are right)
    [​IMG]

And that moves pretty good as well. xbox/gamecube is good as well.

As i said im not overly impressed with it but will keep it for about a year then i will sell and buy a projector (which i should have bought in the first place:mad: )

3. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a blockyness on all plasmas when there is a quick pan on a large area of colour (especially green - footy).

4. Helterskelter

Helterskelter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I think this is the straw that broke the camels back. I have so wanted to get the Philips 37 9965 as I think it looks the biz, is the right money and gets glowing magazine reviews.
    Unfortunately as stated above I have not heard of one customer who actually brought one rating it any good. This is such a shame, I think my money will have to go elsewhere.
    Why do I bother paying £3.99 for a magazine to get an idea of how these sets perform if they can not be relied on?