are panoravision led HD projectors any good?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by macthemacaw, Sep 1, 2012.

1. macthemacaw

macthemacaw
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm new to projectors but am thinking of buying an LED one. Have seen the ones on ebay by sound and vision in Manchester. Make is Panoravision... Can't find any reviews anywhere.

There has been a reference on this forum about cheap chinese ones and that they are no good. Can anyone tell me why? and has anybody here bought one that can comment on how good or bad they are.

They are cheap, just £230 for 1080p resolution, although native is only 800 x 600, with freeview built in HDMI, usb and even PVR facilities. Lumens are 2300 although only 1000:1 contrast ratio... but none the less they do seem good value and are they so, so bad that I should keep well clear?

Please can someone enlighten me before I take the plunge or is there anything else comparable price wise... as it's only to be used in our holiday home which is no more than 8 weeks a year.

Waiting with anticipation.......

2. bow79

bow79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have no idea if they are good value. if native rsesolution is 800 by 600. then that is its resolution so a 1080 p signal would be shown but with far less detail. Well known makes with this resolution are avaliable sometimes for similar money and HIDEF 720 for perhaps 100 pound more on a good day.

3. MQUIN SKYWALKER

MQUIN SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Dont bother they say hd but are not. Get what you pay for with pjs

4. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +685
    Look at the optoma 600 or gt750 both would be perfect for your holiday home

Both 720p dlp they will be 100x better then that led one

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  5. Ming

Ming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I completely agree with McQuin Skywalker. Basically these projectors are rubbish. Worst still, if you contact the company and tell them so - they'll try and shoot you down. Stay away from them, they are as hd as super8 ( if you can remember that)

6. greigym

greigym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Panoravision recently got raided by Epson UK as they were selling fake lamps! They were also investigated by both Osram and Philips who's internal bulbs are used for 95% of projector lamps on the market. These guys sell lamps cheaper than anyone else.....because they are fakes!! I wouldn't trust any product sold by them at all!!!!

7. johnjay

johnjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    https://www.soundandvisionav.co.uk/pages/About-Us.html
    aren't they just the Ebay division of Sound & Vision UK? Where did you hear this as i was about to order a Projector lamp for £169.00. Cheers...