1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Orange Finally Price Matching 3 Tarrifs??!!!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by mishmish78, Jan 5, 2005.

1. mishmish78

mishmish78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IS IT TRUE OR RATHER OFFICIAL THAT ORANGE IS NOW PRICE MATCHING 3 NETWORK TARRIFS???!!! I HAVE CONTRACTS ON BOTH ORANGE AND 3, AND HAVE BEEN WITH ORANGE SINCE 1999, BUT WHEN THE TIME CAME FOR ME TO RENEW/UPGRADE MY CONTRCAT WITH ORANGE, EVEN THOUGH I EXPRESSED MY INTEREST IN STAYING ON WITH THEM I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULDN'T PRICE MATCH THE MORE COMPETIIVE TARRIFS ON OFFER AT THE TIME BY 3..NOW I HEAR, ESEPCIALLY FROM MY HUSBAND'S FRIENDS THAT THEY ARE MAKING EXCEPTIONS WITH CERTAIN CUSTOMERS AND ARE PRICE MATCHING THE 3 750 MINS ANYTIME X-NET TARRIFF WITH LINE RENTAL OF £30.00 PER MONTH??!!! IS THIS TRUE???!!! I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR FIVE YEARS AND MY AVERAGE PHONE BILL COMES TO £100ss A MONTH ON ACCOUNT OF OVERSEAS CALLS AND SMS WHEN I TRAVEL ABROAD AND YET THEY WEREN'T WILLING TO PROVIDE ME WITH AN INCENTIVE??!! WHY THE DISCREPANCY IN THEIR DEALINGS WITH CUSTOMERS??!! ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE SITUATION. THANKS

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Caps Lock!

3. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i was in mobiles a few years ago, orange would match pretty much any of the other networks tariffs. Unfortunately, people that are after an upgrade and show loyalty dont seem to get rewarded in the mobile world, or atleast not when i was in the game. More money was in 'new' business and is now as far as i can see. You may be better off getting a new connection if you want some of the better deals on handsets ot tariffs, but this isnt a possibility for alot of people. Or you could take your number across to a new network which can take as little as 10 days now.
    I think you basically pay a little more to keep your mobile phone number to be honest.
    And lastly, by typing everything with caps lock on, is the equivalent of shouting.

hope this helps

4. mishmish78

mishmish78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops!! Wasn't aware of the capslock rule!!! Wasn't shouting though, just to reiterate that!! I am kind of aware of the sad reality of the mobile phone world as you've stated I just think it's ridiculous how you can get some people getting a better deal while being on the network for less time, and spending less?? It should be standardised across. Thanks

5. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    It's not a rule, just a courtesy to other people reading your post. :)

6. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    My dad just managed to get Orange to match Three tarriff today as his contract was about to run out he now has the 750mins xnet for £35 starting next week and a Nokia 6230 on its way included free.

7. mishmish78

mishmish78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have since found out that the way to get round, is to contact what Orange call their customers retention centre/dept. and tell them that you are due for an upgrade/contract renewal but have found that other networks have more competitive tariffs, and they will then go on to ask which network tarrifs you are interested in and they will provide you with the same tarrif with an upgrade of your choice for free!!! Hooray!!!! Now which do you think I should go for, the Nokia 7610 or the Sony Ericsson k700i??!!

8. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got the exact same offer as throttles dad...plus got them to give me a RAZR V3 for free and sqeezed £80 cashback too! :)

9. mishmish78

mishmish78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Loafer316,
    Way to go!!! I have managed to get the same offer as Throttles dad too but for a nokia 7610 as I'm not familiar with motorolas, and free 60 txt messages for 3 months..but tell me sir, how did you manage to squeeze £80 cashback too??!! Were you registered with Orange initially or a new join? Reason I'm asking is that my hubby's on 3 and wants to go back to Orange, but isn't sure whether they'd match the offer he was on 3, even though he was with Orange prior to 3 for 7 years? Do you have the customer rep's name or ext number you spoke too as that would really help. Would really appreciate a reply. Thanks again :)

10. Conscious

Conscious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I talked to orange and they said they wouldn't touch 3 deals! Why do they lie to me?

11. mishmish78

mishmish78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Conscious,
    They said the same to my hubby at the time when he was considering leaving them for 3, and now I hear that they do actually match 3's tarrifs..if you are with them then they are willing to retain you, if you are a new join then it's no joy I'm afraid..you need to talk or ask to be referred to their customers relations/retentions dept. don't go through their 150 facility they don't have the skills to lure you in for renewing another year's contract!! Demand that they match the offer if you have been with them for some time and have had high monthly phone bills and threaten them with taking your loyalty elsewhere if they do not provide you with an incentive..which they will as can be seen from the posts to this thread!!! Good luck