• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are OLED's more prone to have colour gradient banding?

macbain

Established Member
Like the topic says, are OLED's more prone to have colour gradient banding then LCD's?.
The first few weeks I had my LG CX I didn't notice anything, but suddenly I started noticing it, especially when gaming there where some colour banding, much more then on my Sony XF9005. Especially panning the camera pointed at the sky in either Forza Horizon 4 or Ghost Of Tsushima shows it very well.
Is this just a tradeoff of the technology or are Sony's better at this, on OLED's as well?.

staffy 2

Prominent Member
I see some colour banding on my E7 but I put it down to poor content.Ive not seen it on any games though.
When you first get an OLED you sit glued to the screen looking for faults.After that periods passes just sit and enjoy the amazing picture.
Im in my third year with my E7 and it’s as good as the day I got it but it did have a new panel 8 months ago but it’s spot on.The colour banding is heavily compressed content mostly but games should be perfect.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom