• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are my Speakers out of Date?

Hawkwind

What budget do you have in mind? Just so's the guys here can recommend something new :thumbsup:

kierano24

Standard Member
What budget do you have in mind? Just so's the guys here can recommend something new :thumbsup:
Thanks for quick reply.
I have updated my TV last year to a LCD 42" Full HD and a PS3 for Blu-ray and the Denon amp.
I didnt update the Mission speakers.
I was thinking around the €500+/-(£400). Im flexible enough with that range. Or would I want to go dearer to hear the differance. I presume the technology has moved on since the Mission 70 series which is used for the Mission 6 Pack.
Those apeakers were expensive back in the day.
Also the room is not a dedicated home cinema room.

mitor

The Missions are good but if you're itching for an upgrade:

The Quad l-ite package is a solid favourite

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2479

I don't think anything less will give you much of an upgrade. Speaker technology doesn't move as fast as amps/sources. The Mission pack you have was decent but I think the Quads would blow it out of the water!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom