1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are my rears to "small"

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kobus, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Kobus

Kobus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am busy setting up a new system. I have BW803's for the front and will be getting a Pioneer AX5Ai receiver. I know the receiver is underpowered for the fronts, but that is all I can spend now. BUT, I am planning on using my old B&W DM110,s for the rear (for now). They have a power rating of up to 75W and the Pioneer has a max output of up to 120W (I think). Am I at risk of damaging my rears, or is it not such a problem as they are rears and will not be working so hard.

Thank you

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Since you'll be very careful ( ;) ) not to try to over-drive the large fronts with a (slightly) underpowered amp, you're smaller rears will be fine. :)

3. Kobus

Kobus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'm glad you think that the amp will only be slightly underpowered.
    And, I had to ask this some time - what's with the springbok. Any connection to us down here.

4. lowrider

lowrider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used an old pair of DM110 to temporarely replace my burned surrounds, and they play more than loud enough for that part, now they might not match the 803´s timbre that well... :rolleyes:

It is also good they they are closed boxes as they will probably be used close to the wall... :smashin:

5. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I'm South African. Grew up in Cape Town. Now I'm wasting my life in the UK. :(

;)