Are my KEF Eggs broken!!

T

tobytronic

Having always considered my decision to downgrade to KEF eggs from full size KEF's (Q55's,Model 60's and Q95c) a complete disaster I started thinking they cannot be this bad so is the sub actually working at all!!!

I get a power light but no output. The cone on the underside vibrates when the noise from the other speakers is high but there appears to be no actual output from it if all the other spkrs are unplugged. The Arcam AVR100, it is connected to, is set correctly with a single phono going from the sub out to the left input on the sub and all the arcam menus have the sub turned on, etc.

Is this a known fault - could the amp in the sub have failed even though the power light is on?? Any experiance of simlar from anyone else???

Cheers

wayne

to me it sounds like you have it wored it out of phase, that is if the cone on the sub is moving then theres got to be sound coming from it, however if the eggs are 90* out of phase they could be canceling all the good of the sub (read:cant remember technical name).

edit: just re-read your post, i should slow down reading, got the complete wrong side of the problem, sorry.
---stu---

Have you checked to make sure your crossover is not set too low at the sub? And maybe check that if there is a sub volume control it isn't wound down too low. Cannot recall what the Xover for the Kef eggs is, but imagine that the sub should begin to start working at around 100-120 Hz. If sub Xover is set at the amp, then wind the sub Xover to maximum setting and see what affect that has.

Good luck - hope you can get it fixed...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom