• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are Masters, really masters?

Chrispyphillips

Listen up dawgs (yeah thats right, I said dawgs!)

As much as I love this game (I mean seriously, I may even make love with it) I have one small quibble! Its so insignificant it might not even technically count as a quibble, more an observation.

I've noticed in some songs, which are reported to be 'Master tracks' that there are certain, overlays, of guitar certainly, maybe drums but I aint got them yet. I mean, one glarring example is Rock N Roll Star! That song does not have the solo the game has it as having.

So, the question really is, if these songs are 'Master' Recordings, why are Harmonix putting more notes in to beef the songs up in solos etc! Surely they then do not become masters!! This is troubling me and I wondered if anyone else has thought the same so far!?

oasismark

Distinguished Member
They better not have messed with the songs!

Yes Its an easy solo and to play it on Expert, won't make it difficult enough, but dont mess with master tracks please!!

Can you put a clip up on youtube?

just found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKrY5AOmmV0

Thats sounds the right solo mate, just with an extra guitar playing it over the top to enhance it.

They havnt messed with the solo, i'm happy anyway and that's one of the songs i'm most looking forward to playing

SpliffCartel

It's only a guess, but I think maybe the guitar bits are just much higher in the mix, which makes you notice little bits you'd normally miss.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom