1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Marantz x200 amps fixed now

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GrahamC, Jun 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hi all,

I am thinking of a new surround amp and would like to know if the sound and switching problems of the early Marantz amps fixed or are there still problems. So anybody who has purchased one in say the last six weeks please comment.

2. mr_wriggly

mr_wriggly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Got my SR6200 from QED three weeks ago and it arrived complete with the magical green sticker, so I guess the current batches don't have the old problems.

I suppose smaller retailers that maybe don't turn their stock over so fast might still be selling duff ones though...

It's a great amp nonetheless, so I'd say go for it. :D

3. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never had a problem with my 4200 but know of people who did and the sign for the revised/fixed batch is the green sticker on the amp, so yes the problem has been fixed.

P.s. I've tried everything to see if I could replicate the fault that others were having but either I was 1 of the lucky one's or unlucky if my amp develops the fault later in its life.

4. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you get a problem in the future can you return your amp as obviously mission were and have admitted that there is a problem ?

5. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You mean Marantz, I'm doubt they would fix it for free if it developed the fault after the warranty had expired but thinking about it I bought mine from Richer Sounds and took the 3 year warranty cause it was only £19. If it hasn't developed the fault by then its unlikely it ever will, its more likely to die of old age by that time or I'll have upgraded to something else etc.