• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are mag etc iptv boxes illegal?

bonerp

Standard Member
Been looking into iptv boxes and mag seems a biggy along with some other 4k boxes. Some offer subscriptions (I assuming to fund servers etc) which makes me wonder are they strictly legit?
I have sky q and frankly it's unreliable overpriced and poor content so looking at alternatives.
I assume iptv boxes rely on kodi etc which seem to slowly be having the rugs pulled from under them?

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
No, they're unsurprisingly not legit if they're offering premium content without any connection to the provider.

You're giving your credit card details to an illegal organisation that could have ties to God knows what.
Where's the guarantee of service?
Who do you complain to if it stops working and you've paid in advance?

There's nothing illegal about a box with Kodi installed on it. It's the illegal add-ons that you choose to install or are pre-installed on it that make it so.
If you go onto the official Kodi forums and mention illegal add-ons or dodgy streaming it's an instant ban, that is not the purpose of Kodi. Kodi was designed for you to rip and store your own content and stream it around your own home.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom