Are M$ unbanning consoles now???

JonnyTester

Prominent Member
Reaction score
A friend in work says that over Christmas his console got banned from Live, which he was annoyed at as he has never had it modified. He said that a few days later he got an email from M$ to say that his connection problems had now been sorted out and he was free to use Live again. I have been away for 3 weeks so I know nothing about what's been going on.

There have been reports of people getting banned in error so perhaps MS are just rectifying this?

Maybe someone he played against filed a complaint - think it works like yellow cards in football - you get so many and you get a suspension.

Bannings are temporary IIRC, Blacklistings are permanent - although some people with a blacklisted console (one that has been identified as being modded) can get around it by sending it off for a RROD repair - MS automatically send out a complete replacement unit...

There are such things as suspensions. Maybe he was temporarily banned.

EDIT: Paul T beat me to it.

was reading xbox-scene a week a go or so maybe? they were saying that the new round of testing xbox consoles for mods had errors in it basically so both modded and unmodified consoles were being flagged so they had to reverse the process.

If its true the email is prob a way to get away with it without having to say they made a mistake.

A mates modded console was banned from Live for a few months then just started working again .... Still on Live months later so not sure what happened there.

Maybe someone he played against filed a complaint - think it works like yellow cards in football - you get so many and you get a suspension.

Bannings are temporary IIRC, Blacklistings are permanent - although some people with a blacklisted console (one that has been identified as being modded) can get around it by sending it off for a RROD repair - MS automatically send out a complete replacement unit...

try telling to the man who got banned till 12/12/9999 saw a pic of it somewhere;)

try telling to the man who got banned till 12/12/9999 saw a pic of it somewhere;)

Although he did steal an MS employees gamertag account to get the halo 3 beta :eek:

ms don't seem to replace consoles anymore, they replace the motherboard, and program it to have the same serial no, so I'd imagine bans now would last through a repair

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom