Are Liebherr fridge freezers same as Miele fridge freezers?

psychopomp1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Time has come to replace my 12 year old Miele fridge freezer, seals aren't the same anymore, its getting noisy as hell & quite often the freezer alarm comes on so i think it needs to go to the skip :(

Would love to buy another Miele but the cheapest one i can find is £800 lol (bought current for £500 in 2007/2008).

So looking at Liebherr models as they get very good reviews, this one looks good and isn't too bad wrt price (£579 from John Lewis):

I've read somewhere that Miele fridge freezers are basically re-badged Liebherr models, any truth in this? They do look very similar in terms of design/features, and I believe they're made in the same German factory...

Cheers

Made in the same factory but to each parent companies specifications. Miele have some of there refrig units made by BSH

I ended up buying the A+++ rated Liebherr CNP 4313 from John Lewis and very happy with it (was delivered just after Xmas). Definitely very Miele-esque in quality & features. The only minor issue I had was that the supplied egg tray only holds 10 eggs whilst the Miele one in my old one held 12. But a quick call to Liebherr UK and they sent me a free extendable one in the post! Oh and the Liebherr one is so damn quiet, the Miele was pretty noisy :(

@psychopomp1
I wanted to let you know that Miele manufacturer their own fridge freezers.
I thought the same as you but actually contacted Miele to confirm.

I ended up buying the A+++ rated Liebherr CNP 4313 from John Lewis and very happy with it (was delivered just after Xmas). Definitely very Miele-esque in quality & features. The only minor issue I had was that the supplied egg tray only holds 10 eggs whilst the Miele one in my old one held 12. But a quick call to Liebherr UK and they sent me a free extendable one in the post! Oh and the Liebherr one is so damn quiet, the Miele was pretty noisy :(
Hi, Please could you tell me what is the actual/physical width of the Liebherr 4313?

Thanks

If you just Google it, any place selling it will list the dimensions !!

If you just Google it, any place selling it will list the dimensions !!

Thanks Tried that to no real answer, from Amazon it is 65.5cm, from another website 61.7cm to Applicance city at 60cm and on Liebherr social media 59cm, one of them is correct, but which one? the only way if someone has the actual FF to measure it (since we cannot see it instore due to lockdown)

I see where you are coming from. I personally have never bought any white appliances blind. I need to go into the store and have a touch and feel and take my tape measure and do the measurements myself. There's no way you'd get a refund because it was the wrong size, however, saying that, if you bought it for example from PC World and the measurements on their web page differed from the real measurements when you got it home and unpacked it, I would say you have more than a real chance of a refund.

Obviously due to the lockdown restrictions, you unfortunately cannot go into the store for a hands on with it.

@psychopomp1
I wanted to let you know that Miele manufacturer their own fridge freezers.
I thought the same as you but actually contacted Miele to confirm.

I do wonder if that's Miele spiel for effectively saying 'they're built to our spec'? It may have been on this site that I read they were made by Liebherr as well - was in the context of which Miele appliances are worth buying, and which are not.

Another thumbs up for Liebherr !

We have the two full size 1.9m larder / freezer cabinets side by side and could not be happier with it ... the door close facility is excellent.

Previously had the AEG Santo which were OK but no where near as good in quality / finish.

bro-in-law bought a 70/30 split Miele back in 2019 and it’s OK but not up to the same standard IMHO

As I understand it they jointly own (owned?) the same factory where all were made - but each made their fridges to their own specifications

Miele is a family owned business, nevertheless still a business and as much as they talk all sales spiel about being unique and producing EVERYTHING themselves... Don't take me wrong, their FF are very good ( so are Liebherr - for a simple reason ... ) Regardless of what they answer to one email is, simple check on their own website - they describe each and every single of their factories- location and what is produced where and what for. It clearly says that they produce commercial and medical refrigerator units but how can they build their own consumer fridge/ freezer when none of their plants produces one ? Is is build by Liebherr to Miele specifications and some bells and whistles added to differentiate from Liebherr own - which is also very good, in fact the best (somewhat) affordable domestic machine. Miele do not jointly own any of Liebherr plants but order fairly high volume of domestic market fridge freezers from the best factory that produce them and to very slightly higher specifications. There are better ones for ( if you can call it that ) domestic market but their prices are most definitely not domestic. So to conclude - Liebherr and Miele are not the same machine, but very very close as they are built in the same factory to slightly different specifications and mede to look slightly different - with the same engineering and same electronics. As for value for money - that is down to each and every potential buyer to make their own mind.

@floppy disk - that accords with my recollection on Miele/Liebherr (possibly based on a previous post of yours?).

We've got a lot of Miele appliances (x2 ovens, dishwasher, washing machine) and the only new appliance we've bought that wasn't Miele was a Bosch heat pump dryer as it appeared to offer much better vfm for the function set it comes with.

Thinking about larger integrated fridges and freezers, we're currently stuck with AEG that the housebuilder specced. They're noisy and bits break off the internal furniture with monotonous regularity. I've baulked a bit at the prices quoted for Miele options when they do break, so Liebherr is top of my current list. You mention other options, but sounds like they might be at more expensive price points than even Miele? Interested in any views on brands to consider :)

@floppy disk - that accords with my recollection on Miele/Liebherr (possibly based on a previous post of yours?).

We've got a lot of Miele appliances (x2 ovens, dishwasher, washing machine) and the only new appliance we've bought that wasn't Miele was a Bosch heat pump dryer as it appeared to offer much better vfm for the function set it comes with.

Thinking about larger integrated fridges and freezers, we're currently stuck with AEG that the housebuilder specced. They're noisy and bits break off the internal furniture with monotonous regularity. I've baulked a bit at the prices quoted for Miele options when they do break, so Liebherr is top of my current list. You mention other options, but sounds like they might be at more expensive price points than even Miele? Interested in any views on brands to consider :)
there are options or brands for every budget, check prices of say Sub-Zero, Viking, V-zug, Sibir or similar fridge freezers ( bear in mind that those are essentially fully fledged commercial quality appliances tarted up for the very high top of the domestic market ) or on the other end of market - pretty much any chinese made stuff. View on brands - no comment, as everyone has different needs, expectations and budget.

I have two stainless steel Liebherr fridge freezers, one was identical to a Miele in the shop, One thing though the plastic salad drawers are weak and break easy and are expensive to replace.

there are options or brands for every budget

I'm not sure there are really, we've been looking for a while and you get to the peak of the normal high street brands, then you get the Mieles and Liebherrs standard side by side models where you're talking £4k and next in line is the MasterCool and Monolith where you're £12k+ and then above that is the SubZero and Gaggenau etc. For side by side options there was nothing between there.

With the Liebherr Monoliths etc you can integrate the units and still get full sized capacity whereas with anything below that you either integrate and lose capacity or have free standing and the devices stand proud of the units/need spacing etc. We unfortunately dont have enough kidneys to sell to get the higher tier items and wish there was something between the two.

From what I understood Liebherr made Miele under license for the standard range "to their specifications" but other than some branding they look identical (one Miele person however said this was wrong and that Liebherr only makes some of the big structural pieces with Miele doing all the electronics, cooling etc), however the MasterCool are not made by Liebherr at all.

Last edited:
I have had a liebherr freezer 1.9 m one since around 2000.
I had to replace control board in it at Christmas
in 2004 purchased, matching fridge, the thermostat has just failed it it, just about to order up part. Been very pleased with them both

Hi, Please could you tell me what is the actual/physical width of the Liebherr 4313?

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. width is 60cm, height is 185cm and depth is 63cm. Still working superbly, couldn’t be happier 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom