• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are LCD TVs any good

gangzoom

Distinguished Member
Back in 2007 I bought my first LCD TV, I went for what i thought was one of the better sets available Sony KDL32D3000 at the time.

But was quite dissapointed how much motion blur there was especially when i hooked it up to the PS3 (mainly asscoiated with panning from dark to light scenes quickly in FPS)..now that am about to move into a new house I'm considering buying another TV, but have LCD TVs improved in this department...eg: Can i now expect the top end LCD TVs to be at least on par with the LCD display on my Macbook Pro??

mickus66

Prominent Member
Well from a Sony point of view the Bravia engine is now on it's 3rd generation - something which was only available at the top end models last year so motion would have improved. I'll know more next week when my V5500 arrives to replace my KDLS-3212AU (which is even older than your TV) - but I've never noticed any motion problems with my TV.

If motion is your first and only priority, then you should maybe consider a plasma TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom