• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are LARGE Screen TV's affective treatment for S.A.D....????

JohnC

Established Member
The question is "Are LARGE screen TV's affective treatmet for S.A.D....???(Seasonal Affective Disorder or sever winter depression due to the lack of bright light....!!!

In recent years Ive developed this unpleasent conditon (Im in my 70's & maybe somthing to do with it).....!!!

Last year I bought my first 50" Plasma TV, un-aware of the profound difference it would make to my SAD condition this winter...!!

I now have two 50" Plasmas and thanks to these and my multi-satellite system Ive had no winter blues at all this winter.

As I said to the wife its like looking out of a window onto a bright sunshiney world.... especialy when one can watch TV from the Middle East, Turkey, Greece and the Balkans.... where one can often view outstanding entertainment in amazing video/audio quality, despite being in standerd definition...!!

So the answer is "Yes LARGE Screen TV's are affective treatment for SAD...!!! in my opinion...!!

John

Last edited:

audiphile76

Prominent Member
ThAts good to know. Tens of thousands of finns every year suffer from winter depression called syysmasennus. Most of those affected take a therapy immediately after waking up by exposing to very bright light at a distance of around half a meter and read newspaper, eat breakfast in this light every morning. The day your plasma fails to give you relief, you know what to do.

JohnC

Established Member
ThAts good to know. Tens of thousands of finns every year suffer from winter depression called syysmasennus. Most of those affected take a therapy immediately after waking up by exposing to very bright light at a distance of around half a meter and read newspaper, eat breakfast in this light every morning. The day your plasma fails to give you relief, you know what to do.

Very, very, interesting stuff matey....!!!
I do have various SAD lights but they havent been as affective as the TV's.
Ive just bought my 3rd 50" Plasma... so I have one in the TV room, Bedroom and Conservatory... all the places where I like to relax. All covered by extendened warrentees so I have planty of back-up if one fails.

John

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom