Question Are insurance fobbing me off. Comparison of two Samsung 4kd TVs

LucyB

Novice Member
I had a Samsung 50 inch UE50JU6400 K
it is still retailing on Amazon for £1K

they are offering me a £400 replacement Samsung UE50RU7400UXXUU

i don’t think it seems to be anywhere near as good a tv as my old one but I am struggling with the technical specs and differences, which I need to uphold my claim.

could anyone help me?

thanks !

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
what's the terms of your policy though , does it replace on value or what ? , it may be that price on amazon , but no one in their right mind would pay that for it ......

LucyB

Novice Member
Like for like or equivalent

I suppose I should just ask for a review on the tv they are offering 🤣

sagaris99

Yes, it's a fair replacement.

Entry level 50 inch 4k from 2015, replaced by an above entry level 4k 50 inch from 2019. The amazon price is hugely out.
The relative value of what you bought for £1000 in 2015 is about £400 now, to get you equivalent spec/price. Seeing as the policy suggests an equivalent, they are meeting their end of the bargain.

What do you feel it's missing/not as good at @LucyB ?

@Dodgexander would you agree?

Last edited:

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Yes, it's a fair replacement.

Entry level 50 inch 4k from 2015, replaced by an above entry level 4k 50 inch from 2019. The amazon price is hugely out.
The relative value of what you bought for £1000 in 2015 is about £400 now, to get you equivalent spec/price. Seeing as the policy suggests an equivalent, they are meeting their end of the bargain.

What do you feel it's missing/not as good at @LucyB ?

@Dodgexander would you agree?

I get the feeling it was the absurd amazon price difference that amazon quoted that caused the anxiety !!!!

deans6571

I had a Samsung 50 inch UE50JU6400 K
it is still retailing on Amazon for £1K

they are offering me a £400 replacement Samsung UE50RU7400UXXUU

i don’t think it seems to be anywhere near as good a tv as my old one but I am struggling with the technical specs and differences, which I need to uphold my claim.

could anyone help me?

thanks !
...I gotta say that UE50RU7400 looks pretty good for a £400 TV! I paid around that price for my vastly inferior 50MU6120 just a few years ago....

anlygi

Samsung shifting model numbers about their range doesn't help much either! Friend bought a 2018 NU7000, which isn't as good as my 2017 MU7000. Think that was the year they shifted all their low and mid-range set's model numbers up by 1000 so the NU8000 was the replacement for the MU7000 etc. I think it's a fair like-for-like offer from insurance. Similar specs and you'll get better support, Apple TV app etc.

As others have said, technology gets cheaper over time so you can't go on price. I paid almost £1k for my 55"MU7000 in 2017. You can get a 55" Q70, a much better TV, with a bundled £250 sound bar for £800 right now. Heck you can almost get an OLED for the price I paid now and I know for a fact 55" 4K OLEDs were nowhere near that in 2017.

The UE50RU7400 seems so good for the cash I bought my teenage son one for his birthday next week! Was going to get him a Hisense 7500 but the lip sync problems people on here were having put me off.

LucyB

Novice Member
No my issue was the sound
In any event the insurance company listened when I sent them the technical breakdown directly from Samsung and they upgraded the model they were offering me based on the fact my previous television had dts sound not Dolby digital or Dolby digital plus

so a great result

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
No my issue was the sound
In any event the insurance company listened when I sent them the technical breakdown directly from Samsung and they upgraded the model they were offering me based on the fact my previous television had dts sound not Dolby digital or Dolby digital plus

so a great result
so what did you get in the end then ?