Are Hisense dying in the UK?

addyeddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I ask as I've posted three courteous questions on this forum without a single response.

Are people that unhappy with their Hisense TV's that they don't wish to comment?

I also note that Richer Sounds now sell very few Hisense models, is that because they were unreliable, and they were getting to many to repair under their 6 year warranty?

I’m from Durham and a Hisense b7500 owner,I chose the Hisense after I sent the lg8500 nanocell tv back because it wasn’t hdmi 2.1 and exchanged it with the Hisense set above,until I get an hdmi2.1
Granted the LG imo was that better tv(features,picture,blacks,sound) but for £250 less the b7500 has a better colour gamut,and a great picture that is not far off the LG’s

I ask as I've posted three courteous questions on this forum without a single response.

Are people that unhappy with their Hisense TV's that they don't wish to comment?

I also note that Richer Sounds now sell very few Hisense models, is that because they were unreliable, and they were getting to many to repair under their 6 year warranty?
Maybe people don't have answer to your question, or it was already answered 50times before.

Very happy with my u7a

I don’t think there dying, but I would think there’s less sales, than the well known makes, so less owners to answer

Had the 700, 720 and N6800, all either broke and were replaced after a few months, went through several of each trying to find one without screen issues.

Have a 65Q70r now and much happier.

Hisense are cheap trash.

Not sure if they are completely dying but I think the overall quality vs value for money proposition might be declining.

5 years ago I bought a 50" Hisense TV ( HE50KEC315UWTS ), it came with 4 HDMI sockets, a decent picture and sound compared to contemporaries and a £200 price difference vs the LGs and Samsungs. No faults in 5 years but the smart software is no longer updated making the interface sluggish plus its got tiny dead pixel damage thanks to children.

So fast forward to 2020 I wanted another one, this time for only a £70 price difference vs LG/Samsung. I got a Hisense Roku 55 (R55B7120UK) delivered yesterday... Roku is good, there's only 3 HDMI sockets and the HDMI CEC doesn't work properly. However, I am particularly disappointed with the picture, washed out, awful backlight bleed, overall worse than my current Hisense and remind me of my first and last Digihome purchase. I replaced THAT with and LG and I am now thinking of doing the same with this.

Question is was lucky the first time or unlucky this time? Its enough to make me think twice.

Last edited:
Not sure if they are completely dying but I think the overall quality vs value for money proposition might be declining.

5 years ago I bought a 50" Hisense TV ( HE50KEC315UWTS ), it came with 4 HDMI sockets, a decent picture and sound compared to contemporaries and a £200 price difference vs the LGs and Samsungs. No faults in 5 years but the smart software is no longer updated making the interface sluggish plus its got tiny dead pixel damage thanks to children.

So fast forward to 2020 I wanted another one, this time for only a £70 price difference vs LG/Samsung. I got a Hisense Roku 55 (R55B7120UK) delivered yesterday... Roku is good, there's only 3 HDMI sockets and the HDMI CEC doesn't work properly. However, I am particularly disappointed with the picture, washed out, awful backlight bleed, overall worse than my current Hisense and remind me of my first and last Digihome purchase. I replaced THAT with and LG and I am now thinking of doing the same with this.

Question is was lucky the first time or unlucky time... Its enough to make me think twice.

I read so much about Hisense being value for money, but it seems a lottery as to whether you get a good one or bad one. I was going to go for one of their ULED TV's the U7B or the U8B, although nobody will say what they are the equivalent to with other manufacturers, but I'm now veering to sticking with LG. Then I think, the U8B was a flagship for them, would they really release a dreadful telly that's supposed to be one of their best? Buying a new TV is an absolute minefield these days.

I still have my old m7000 and didn't realize it's so long. My 4yrs warranty running out next year and sadly nothing bad happened yet (I would love replacement for younger model especially with Bluetooth). Can't say anything bad about it. Good thing is that it's getting cheaper and cheaper to get 65' and over. Now for price I've paid I could have two :)

I read so much about Hisense being value for money, but it seems a lottery as to whether you get a good one or bad one. I was going to go for one of their ULED TV's the U7B or the U8B, although nobody will say what they are the equivalent to with other manufacturers, but I'm now veering to sticking with LG. Then I think, the U8B was a flagship for them, would they really release a dreadful telly that's supposed to be one of their best? Buying a new TV is an absolute minefield these days.

Have you not read Dodgexanders guide?

1. "Hisense 55U8B - The king of the mid range, slightly brighter than budget models, 120hz panel for better motion, rudimentary local dimming and Dolby Vision HDR support. Its a step up with HDR from cheaper models.
  2. Samsung 55RU8000 - The next best option, gamers may prefer this TV compared to the Hisense as it includes HDMI 2.1 features: Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode(ALLM). It however comes with very poor dimming and low peak brightness for a mid range model, with no Dolby Vision HDR support. That makes it pretty poor on the HDR front.
  3. Samsung 55Q60R - Since the above two have low availability this is the next best model. I'd strongly suggest spending extra on the Samsung Q70R or Sony XF9005 instead of this TV though."

1. Philips 55PUS8303 (or if you want good built in sound, the 55PUS8804) - Good motion processing, poor smart TV. HDMI v2.1 Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) included for gamers. The higher end model comes with B and W speakers, and is the only way to get a mid range TV with decent integrated sound. It also comes with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ format support.
  2. LG 55SM8500/55SM8600 - If you can stretch to this you get mid range specs at low prices. The SM8600 is another Currys exclusive of the same TV. Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) included for gamers. Dolby Vision HDR support."

All listed together alongside the U8B under "lower midrange models under £700"

Where have you read that it's a lottery on if you get a good or bad Hisense? I haven't seen any comments that imply that and haven't experienced it with the Hisense I got for my parents either.

You seem rather quick to blame other people for not responding on your threads or providing information, but there's already a wealth of information here.

Dunno where you are getting you are getting the impression Hisense are dying in the UK, that there's a lottery on getting a good set or that they're unreliable and Richer Sounds sell very few due to hypothetical unreliability/returns? Big claims, but seemingly little evidence, alot of taking a dirty dump on Hisense though! :D

Have you not read Dodgexanders guide?

1. "Hisense 55U8B - The king of the mid range, slightly brighter than budget models, 120hz panel for better motion, rudimentary local dimming and Dolby Vision HDR support. Its a step up with HDR from cheaper models.
  2. Samsung 55RU8000 - The next best option, gamers may prefer this TV compared to the Hisense as it includes HDMI 2.1 features: Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode(ALLM). It however comes with very poor dimming and low peak brightness for a mid range model, with no Dolby Vision HDR support. That makes it pretty poor on the HDR front.
  3. Samsung 55Q60R - Since the above two have low availability this is the next best model. I'd strongly suggest spending extra on the Samsung Q70R or Sony XF9005 instead of this TV though."

1. Philips 55PUS8303 (or if you want good built in sound, the 55PUS8804) - Good motion processing, poor smart TV. HDMI v2.1 Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) included for gamers. The higher end model comes with B and W speakers, and is the only way to get a mid range TV with decent integrated sound. It also comes with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ format support.
  2. LG 55SM8500/55SM8600 - If you can stretch to this you get mid range specs at low prices. The SM8600 is another Currys exclusive of the same TV. Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) included for gamers. Dolby Vision HDR support."

All listed together alongside the U8B under "lower midrange models under £700"

Where have you read that it's a lottery on if you get a good or bad Hisense? I haven't seen any comments that imply that and haven't experienced it with the Hisense I got for my parents either.

You seem rather quick to blame other people for not responding on your threads or providing information, but there's already a wealth of information here.

Dunno where you are getting you are getting the impression Hisense are dying in the UK, that there's a lottery on getting a good set or that they're unreliable and Richer Sounds sell very few due to hypothetical unreliability/returns? Big claims, but seemingly little evidence, alot of taking a dirty dump on Hisense though! :D

In no way did I mean for it to come across that I was criticising Hisense, and if that's the way it came across, I apologise.

There are quite a few people who say they've had various Hisense models and have ended up sending them back throughout these forums, and whilst I would like to give the brand a try, I can't afford to be stuck with a dud, but then I read about how some people are unhappy with their much raved about Sony XF9005 's and wonder if I should take it all with a pinch of salt.

All I'm after is an affordable 65" TV that will play my discs and upscale TV decently.

I note the reviewer above calls the U8B "The King of the midrange', but when I said I was looking at that model, they told me not to bother with it! Any wonder I'm confused?

Again, apologies if I came across badly, no offence was meant.

In no way did I mean for it to come across that I was criticising Hisense, and if that's the way it came across, I apologise.

There are quite a few people who say they've had various Hisense models and have ended up sending them back throughout these forums, and whilst I would like to give the brand a try, I can't afford to be stuck with a dud, but then I read about how some people are unhappy with their much raved about Sony XF9005 's and wonder if I should take it all with a pinch of salt.

All I'm after is an affordable 65" TV that will play my discs and upscale TV decently.

I note the reviewer above calls the U8B "The King of the midrange', but when I said I was looking at that model, they told me not to bother with it! Any wonder I'm confused?

Again, apologies if I came across badly, no offence was meant.
I have the B7500 for a couple of months now and am very happy with it as a second TV for the kitchen. Price Vs features I feel is good.

Richer Sounds have probably just sold all their stock of what are/will be outgoing models. Typically these are as good as comparable Samsung or Panasonic sets at a couple of hundred cheaper.

I have the B7500 for a couple of months now and am very happy with it as a second TV for the kitchen. Price Vs features I feel is good.

Richer Sounds have probably just sold all their stock of what are/will be outgoing models. Typically these are as good as comparable Samsung or Panasonic sets at a couple of hundred cheaper.

Well I bit the bullet last weekend as ao.com were doing the H65U9AUK for the amazing price of £699, so looking forward to that being delivered in a few days time. I don't think I would get a better specced TV for the price.

Well I bit the bullet last weekend as ao.com were doing the H65U9AUK for the amazing price of £699, so looking forward to that being delivered in a few days time. I don't think I would get a better specced TV for the price.
Good man. Best of luck with it. Massive screen for small money.

Might not translate directly to you TV but I watch SDR stuff in cinema night, HDR stuff in HDR night and Dolby vision in Dolby Vision dark. Delivers a good accurate picture in those modes. The WCG is a winning feature to have.

Good man. Best of luck with it. Massive screen for small money.

Might not translate directly to you TV but I watch SDR stuff in cinema night, HDR stuff in HDR night and Dolby vision in Dolby Vision dark. Delivers a good accurate picture in those modes. The WCG is a winning feature to have.

Thanks, I'll give them a go, with the exception of Dolby Vision, as my set doesn't have it!

Thanks, I'll give them a go, with the exception of Dolby Vision, as my set doesn't have it!
Well with such I peak brightness it's perhaps a moot point. Only 4000 but content will need to be tone mapped at all. Most stuff seems to be mastered at 1,000 nits so your HDR picture content should look brilliant. Turn off all motion processing and use the picture modes I suggested and you should have a magnificent picture on your hands.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom