Answered Are floor standing speakers compatible with receivers that have 110 or 220 voltage?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by vince11, Mar 28, 2017.

1. vince11

vince11
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi avforums! I signed up because I asked this on the amazon question and answer and I couldn't get a clear answer..

I live in a country where its 220v, and there are some receivers that I can buy that are 220v here and its 7.1

I want to order a floor standing speaker from the US, and the receivers there are 110v.

My question is, since from my guess that floor standing speaker have a specific voltage that receivers supply (may it be 110v receivers or 220v receivers). Most of the floor standing speakers are compatible regardless of different receiver voltages?

I am eyeing on Amazon.com: Polk Audio T50 Home Theater and Music Floor Standing Tower Speaker (Single, Black): Electronics or Amazon.com: Klipsch R-28F Floorstanding Speaker (Each): Home Audio & Theater

They only have two wires that you can plug in them and it doesn't say if it's 110v or 220v. My receiver (220v) should be compatible with them correct? Even though the Floorstanding Speaker from the US are 110v?

Thanks! I tried searching but can't find any answer...

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by fayeanddavid, Mar 28, 2017 (1 points)
  3. cosmicma

cosmicma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    the mains input voltage ( 110v or 220v ) has no real bearing on what happens at the speaker end the only concern would be the speaker impedance which is usually 4 or 8 ohms
    some amplifiers can struggle with a difficult load but modern speakers tend to be a lot more civilised as far as that is concerned

the short answer is you will be fine :)

4. fayeanddavid

fayeanddavid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    Best Answer
    to add;
    you will be connecting your speakers to speaker terminal posts on the back of your receiver where the output is for loudspeakers, input voltage has no bearing on this at all

5. vince11

vince11
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you! I was having a hard time looking for an answer, good thing I asked here in avforums! Such a helpful community. :)