• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are dv inputs different in the States?

Google eye

Standard Member
Hi
I have just brought a canon elura 65 second hand and I can't seem to find the dv firewire input , on the specs it says it has i link but I believe the one that I purchased only connects to usa eqipment.

Isa there anyway round this I mean can i buy a transformer here in the uk so I can connect it to a PAL dvd recorder?

Dave

Google eye

Standard Member
Thanks Pete and Jaymac
From that booklet you sent me I found the firewire cable and tried it out .
The good news is that I can view the footage on my tv through my panasonic dvd recorder if I set it on nstc but I can't record from the ntsc signal which is a real shame maybe I can buy a converter in maplins a uk electrical shop.

Thanks again

Dave

jaymac

Dave you should be able to capture to the pc then burn to a dvd on there.If you dont have software you do have Widows movie maker already

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom