are dali any good, never heard of them?

simonoaks

Saw DALI Lektor 1 speakers, they seem a very good speck for their size. Anyone know this make and if so what does the spec on these look like to you?

VoodooDoctor

Saw DALI Lektor 1 speakers, they seem a very good speck for their size. Anyone know this make and if so what does the spec on these look like to you?
Dali are a well-respected manufacturer and the Lektor's have had a good review (4 star) in WHFS&V recently. Worth a listen.

Jaseamondo

There a large Danish company, very well made speakers , they do some very very expensive speakers as well. You may or may not like the sound of the lektor 1 but quality wise you cant go wrong.

simonoaks

thanks, will see if I can find someone to audition as they seem to pack a punch for their size, similar to the Quad 12L2 and MA RS1s but much smaller and cheaper.

Genghis

Standard Member
I have a pair of Lektor 1's hooked up to a Denon DM37Dab unit and they sound fantastic. I auditioned many speakers before I bought the Dali's and I'm thrilled to bits with them. The sound is amazing for their size, the vocals are so clear and natural, detail is away above all other speakers I auditioned and they sound so involving and never tiring. Highly recommended!!!

Also listened to the following:
B&W 685
MS 902i
Tannoy F1 Custom
MA BR2
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

The Dali's sound far better than all the above. They are not as bassy as say the 685's but they are not thin sounding or tinny either. The bass is tight with plenty of detail and not boomy like others. I'm now in the process of adding a sub to extend the low frequency range. :thumbsup:

simonoaks

thanks,

I think I am going to get the focal 705Vs, don't suppose you know how they would compare?

cheers

HurleyFX

I was going to go with Quads 12L2 and 11L2 with L2 centre, until i read this thred and did some looking and reading :rolleyes:

These seem to get good reviews, i am still looking for speakers while i await a MARANTZ SR6003 and XLS 200DF MK2 sub.

oh on a side note, what centre would you pair with these? and would you use 4 of them or are these purely for rear speakers.

Ill be watching this thred for any more input, and good luck in your search.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom